big bars

tree monkey

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That solid nose bar will reduce your power output .I had a 48" solid nose on my 088 and took it off and replaced it with a 36" ordinary bar massive difference :biggrin:

My solid nose 47" or 48" (not sure!) bar on the 088 is a big old beast but i quite agree it does sap power and gets very hot too!

Switched to 36" with much better results.

Run a 36" on the 660 but prefer it with smaller bars whenever size is not an issue.

Did you still have decent power and chain speed with that mike?

depends what saw its on, really big bars are great on really old saws as they have a lot more torque, chain speed is always a lot slower on old saws, i would much rather be running a extra long bar on an 070 or 166 than a modern 880

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  

• Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.