Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chainsaws Discuss chainsaw makes and models, pros and cons. Get advice on maintenance and day to day usage.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-11   #1 (permalink)

Abbey Pro - Excellent Service

Just a quick "nice one" to abbeypro for having the manners and helpful attitude to help me get some parts that frankly weren't that hard to get but everyone else couldn't be bothered.

Thanks to Nick.

Abbey Pro Buy Safety Wear UK Tree Surgeon Climber Protection Abbeypro

God Save the Queen.

www.redlineoil.com
Old 08-12-11   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Re: Abbey Pro - Excellent Service

i bought thousands of pounds of kit from them years ago only people i would use, until they got a order wrong and they wouldnt exchange it for the right things and wouldnt contact me back so i sent them a nice email to tell them what i thought and that i would never use them again and tell everyone i no not to use them so i never have and never will.
Old 08-12-11   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcricket01 View Post
i bought thousands of pounds of kit from them years ago only people i would use, until they got a order wrong and they wouldnt exchange it for the right things and wouldnt contact me back so i sent them a nice email to tell them what i thought and that i would never use them again and tell everyone i no not to use them so i never have and never will.
Bitter. That was then and this is now. From what I gather the whole company has changed and thus stepped in the right direction. On this occasion, they made literally 10's of calls on my behalf and 'phoned me the second they had any more info.

God Save the Queen.

www.redlineoil.com
Old 08-12-11   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberCutterDartmoor View Post
Bitter. That was then and this is now. From what I gather the whole company has changed and thus stepped in the right direction. On this occasion, they made literally 10's of calls on my behalf and 'phoned me the second they had any more info.
they may have but im very stubborn, that was years ago so even if they sorted it out now i still wouldnt have the time of day for them.
Old 08-12-11   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcricket01 View Post
they may have but im very stubborn, that was years ago so even if they sorted it out now i still wouldnt have the time of day for them.
You are clearly very angry about it. Did you contact trading standards?

God Save the Queen.

www.redlineoil.com
Old 08-12-11   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member, User formerly known as apbell

Each to there own . Ive bought a lot of tools off these guys and they've always been right with me .Saw breaks down under warranty they just sent me a new saw
Old 08-12-11   #7 (permalink)

Just to add to this thread. I have to say that my recent experience with Abby Pro was shockingly poor customer service and I will never order from them again.

I wont explain the inns and outs but basically my order took ages to arrive, when it finally arrived they sent the wrong size, after weeks of phone calls and emails that didn't get replied to I have only just received my money back today 7th December having ordered my item on 5th Nov.

very poor service and I was not happy.
Old 08-12-11   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member, User formerly known as apbell

I,ve only ever ordered tools off them . All good so far . I wonder is it just the clothes and returns they struggle with ?
Old 08-12-11   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2013

Iv had mixed results, the good mainly being the price, bad being poor comunication and some of the staff don't seem to know much unless they check it off the internet and read it to you there and then. Chris at the Tavistock branch is sound and will sort you out, just not sure about the staff. I once gave one of them a saw chain to replace and he came back with one two inches shorter, didn't notice till i got home.
Old 10-12-11   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011

I had good service from them too, prices are good and the guy I spoke to at Abbey 'pro' was very helpful. I thought 20 for delivery to the highlands was a bit steep, but I didnt factor in how large the manufacture packing was for the stuff I ordered. Recived two huge boxes by courrier so at 10 each box it was reasonable.

Would use them again for sure.