Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chainsaws Discuss chainsaw makes and models, pros and cons. Get advice on maintenance and day to day usage.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-01-12   #21 (permalink)

Re: Abbey Pro - Excellent Service

very poor service and still owe me a refund.promised them id collect my money in person someday.i wouldn't recommend them to anybody whatsoever,customer service is ridiculous one lie after another.Not good at all.
Old 08-02-12   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

well that does it me thought they might be alright again after a friend of mine got some husky radio ear defenders off them next day he got them delivered. i really didnt want to order from him but there only people i could see selling them. so i ordered them on the 29th jan herd nothing off them, i emailed them yesterday no reply i phoned them up today no answer, phoned again just now they answer i told them the order number, then im put on hold. then only to be told they dont have any so there trying to find some more. i no for a fact that if i ordered something from honey bros or clarks they would ring me the instant they got the order if they didnt have it in stock saying do you want these similar at no extra charge or a refund or wait for them. abbeypro what a joke.
Old 11-02-12   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2012, 2013

After weeks of waiting for a simple order (rope and karabiners) and lie after lie from their customer service dept I have just canceled my order with Abbeypro and really wish I had read this thread before dealing with this Micky mouse outfit. My advice would be to steer well clear
Old 11-02-12   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2012

I have only ever had two orders with them, PPE and tools. But both came next day delivery as standard. Can't complain but dont know what they are like with returns.
Old 18-02-12   #25 (permalink)

I will certainly not be using Abbeypro anymore!!

I placed an order online for rope, friction cord, karbs and a few other bits four weeks ago. I called four days after placing the order to be informed that they only had two items in stock (which they would despatch)the rest were on back order. Three days later I chased again, and the items "in stock" still hadn't been posted. Contacted about four days later and still not goods. To cut a long story short, Call the day the items were due to be with me and nothing had been despatched! Not once did they contact me with an update. No apologies to a non-existent customer service!
Old 18-02-12   #26 (permalink)

Wonder if any clients would have similar things to say abou any off us.........................?
Old 23-04-12   #27 (permalink)

I wish I had seen this thread before I ordered some equipment from Abbeypro. Order placed on 1st April, about 10 phone calls and 23 days later I'm still waiting.
Old 23-04-12   #28 (permalink)

I see a chainsaw on their website that my local dealer said wasnt available anymore. I rang them & asked to be told that if i placed the order i would have it in 3 days! Glad to say i didnt part with my hard earned now!
Old 23-04-12   #29 (permalink)

Well, they got a part for me that no other bugger could be arsed to find. All the smiling, well-known, well-respected co's that we all know of just BS'd there way out of trying to help. Perhaps my charm helped.

God Save the Queen.

www.redlineoil.com
Old 24-04-12   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011

Couple of years ago I ordered some PPE from them - helmets etc. - and all arrived on time and at a good price.
Work mate ordered a top handle saw from them - again arrived on time and at a good price.
Experiences have been good.