Tp 760

Jonny Burch

To cut a long story short I was with a customer today walking round his yard looking for some pallets and saw A TP 760 looking rather sad for itself. The guy said that if I wanted it he would sell it to me. He said it starts and works fine but If I bought it I'd like to have it fully serviced/painted/replace the major components etc. I'd like to know if there's any one in the south east that could do this for me and roughly what kind of money would this be?

If anyone could help I'd be very grateful. It would be my first chipper and just hope it doesn't cost the world to get fixed!

cheers

Jonny

:001_smile:

To cut a long story short I was with a customer today walking round his yard looking for some pallets and saw A TP 760 looking rather sad for itself. The guy said that if I wanted it he would sell it to me. He said it starts and works fine but If I bought it I'd like to have it fully serviced/painted/replace the major components etc. I'd like to know if there's any one in the south east that could do this for me and roughly what kind of money would this be?

If anyone could help I'd be very grateful. It would be my first chipper and just hope it doesn't cost the world to get fixed!

cheers

Jonny

:001_smile:

a.t.osbourne ower romsey hants

Managed to get a few pics of it today. If anyone could give me some more info on this machine that'll be great:thumbup: He says that with a good battery it'll run. Whaddya reckon? Spoke to Osbornes and got given a rough price on fixing. What should I offer him? Or should I walk away??

Cheers

Jonny:001_smile:

SDC10180.jpg.9d4ead8854484d5dd81be08c54503c5a.jpg

SDC10178.jpg.e6aebcce9101d1152e3c8c712ceeef00.jpg

SDC10177.jpg.861a80f4757f46005e135d864f48e3b0.jpg

SDC10175.jpg.76135592b7ba8480b86a732a34dc054b.jpg

SDC10174.jpg.abafe3f247dffdab82a3f54f59fb4732.jpg

SDC10180.jpg.9eb3c3e57d8adc01c40c7999555dba77.jpg

SDC10178.jpg.4709aa794bcd92e6537d33d8a45b4e01.jpg

SDC10177.jpg.5d97bdc1f330541ac90083ea3631ff53.jpg

SDC10175.jpg.abdbc7dc641d2b759d2ca9c3f3cac6c1.jpg

SDC10174.jpg.1e4e9fa272d6754849522893ee7a4ee4.jpg

Just for starters..... I'd have thought you'd need a new set of tyres, drive belts all round, a few hydraulics pipes if they've worn, change the hydraulic oil, the knives and the anvils might need a sharpen and you'll need plenty of oil and grease too. I'm not sure that infeed shute is HSE compliant. I'm no expert, but I think it needs to be harder than that to reach the rollers!

Then the engine will need a service with new filters, new oils etc and hopefully you can get it going. If not then its expensive to sort that out or replace it with another suitable unit.

...oh and a new coat of paint if you're feeling flash!

TP760's are bomb proof really and simple. I still wouldn't spend any money on anything that isn't HSE compliant as its too expensive to sort that out.

Saying that I'd buy this for spares for mine! If the price was cheap enough of course!

If you're going to use a chipper on a daily basis I'd point you in the direction of the TP200 on eBay being sold by Romsey Tree Surgeons. It might have finished, but I don't think it sold. That is a complete machine that you can take to work.