Small Echo's

Charlieh

Hi

just wondering if anyone on here has run any of the smaller Echo saws, the very lightweight ones. On paper they look good had a look at one today at a dealers, and was impressed with the features on it. Im after something for the jobs where I dont need the power of the 346xp also im finding that the husky seems pretty thirsty.

Im thinking something like this would do for some first thinning where its fell to waste type stuff, where it needs brashing down so cant be done with the clearing saw easily (Diameter upto about 6inches).

anyway I have been looking at the small model as its 2.4Kg lighter than my 346xpg :thumbup: weighing in at the grand total of 3.1kg

any feedback would be appreciated, I know they arent a pro saw but its not going to get that much hammer, and I try to look after my kit well.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the little topper,its a very nice saw,no probs in a couple of years regular use,for sub 4inch stuff & conny topping you wont get better,I run 2 of them,they get abused,they keep going,and they dont mind aspen once you have tweeked the high jet,(which is restricted by a hook it out with a screwdriver plastic grommet).

I rate it as a 'pro' saw.

Ive got a little 1 too! cant remember the model off the top of me ead but its affectively a climbing saw with a back handle. Brilliant little thing... it came into its own when smashing miles and miles of ash/syc regen in a railway cutting. its so light that i didnt tire. also have it next to the chipper for those quick nips

so it sounds mostly positive, I have been offered a great deal by the local dealer £25 less than i have found from any internet suppliers :thumbup:

just wish they did a smaller bar really as i think it comes with a 14" as standard.

right just need to sell some bits to finance a purchase then :thumbup1: anyone want to buy a mint Stihl 070 :biggrin:

so it sounds mostly positive, I have been offered a great deal by the local dealer £25 less than i have found from any internet suppliers :thumbup:

just wish they did a smaller bar really as i think it comes with a 14" as standard.

right just need to sell some bits to finance a purchase then :thumbup1: anyone want to buy a mint Stihl 070 :biggrin:

Interested to hear the price you've got. Been looking at an echo c351 wes , best internet price at

ECHO, CS351, WES, Chain, Saw, 35cm, Echo

Just out of interest, what are you after for the 070?

Interested to hear the price you've got. Been looking at an echo c351 wes , best internet price at

ECHO, CS351, WES, Chain, Saw, 35cm, Echo

Just out of interest, what are you after for the 070?

my local dealers i think are about £12 cheaper for that model as they had one in stock i think. so probably no better one you stick shipping on it.

PM sent about the 070

I have used a couple and thought they were a nice saw but think you will see issues before long

I was offered them with really good deals but on reflection bought another 346

If it,s weight you see as the issue compared to the link above why not get a husky 240 38cc so more powerfull

£80 cheaper

• 2 months later...

well after trawling ebay for ages, i now have an echo cs270wes, its 27cc and has a 12" bar on it, i can safely say its the easiest and best starting chainsaw i have ever come across, out the box it starts on 2nd pull! one with choke on and then choke off and it fires straight up!!

its fantastically light, its over a kg lighter than a ms170 stihl 2kg lighter than my 346xp, and whilst being slightly lower on displacement and power I find it cuts with far more authority than a ms170/180. Also the tool-less acess to the air filter is spot on it really is! dare i say it better than the xp huskies!

I do think the 12" bar is a bit on the long side really and echo do list an 8" bar for it, which would be ideal really, the bar supplied is a nice Tsumura solid bar and its really well built. The saw feels agressive in the cut, although i have only used it for firewood, im looking forward to getting it into some scrub clearance and early fell to waste thinnings, which i what i bought it for.

all in all im really impressed, but time will tell on the quality of it.

here is a picture of the little echo to give you some idea of what they look like

dsp.php?id=54701&ext=jpg&type=big

Good saws . I had the 25cc small top handle saw years ago when they first came out . I totally abused that saw . I bought it for pruning jobs But I loved it so much it was nearly always the first saw I grabbed in the morning . Sadly it died after 3 years of take downs and felling small trees . It even got dunked in the canal once and lived . :biggrin:

Think I might get another one :lol: Was it from buxtons ?