What bar n chain

predator

I,am just on the verge of replacing the 16" bar n chain on my old stihl 025 chainsaw i use it as a back up saw or can you lend me a saw etc.

Do i choose oregon or stihl bar n chain ???? all my saws that had stihl bars on have slowly changed over to oregon because of cost but as a total novice and so far learned the hard way buying cheap diy saws for my woodburner i,ve ended up paying out twice selling on crappy cheap saws and moved over to stihl only now so any advice would be greatful thanks as i,am willing to learn n listen to the xperts on here :001_rolleyes:

ps my 025 is playing up i fitted a new oregon chain on a stihl bar and as i dig in it stops cutting i have to lift out then back in so to speak to get it to cut again as though its trying to cut to one side n jamming so to speak so think the bars past its best now chain groove looks worn n wide etc thats why i think its new bar n chain time like i said willing to learn n listen but dont take the micky please lads i aint made of wood all i want is your advice please

The chain may just be poorly sharpened or the bar may just need "fettling".

its a new oregon chain on so thinks its the bar but whats your choice oregon or stihl ?? the bar groove compared to my new oregon bars seems very worn i would just like to know do i choose stihl or oregon as there twice the price on ebay when compared so would i get twice the life over stihl verse oregon ??

Check tou aren't using 1.3mm gauge chain on a 1.5mm bar as it would have this effect.

good thinking i got my chain fron steve chainsdirect he,s been very good to me and will go check that out were only human lol we all make mistakes that maybe the problem

i will check the bar now "

With regards to the bars I would say go with stihl. You HAVE to grease the oregon bars you dont with the stihl and they last a ridiculous amount of time so its not even worth considering the savings imo.

cheers for that i will go with stihl then as the stihl i got on it now has been ground up looking at it just now etc" its also blue on the edge so would think its kiffuffled now. I got it as a spare saw from ebay etc about 12 months ago so only gets used about once a month as a spare back up saw and on fitting a new chain the faults not gone away thus it dont get used much so new bar me thinks best for it then