Husqvarna 55 fuel mix

tony-d

Hi forum

could anyone give me an idea as to the correct percentage i should be mixing the fuel up for a husqvarna 55 chainsaw please.

I have read the manual that came with it but i really want to make sure before i fire the old girl up.

The way i read it is, 1 stihl oil shot per 5 litres of unleaded is that correct i have attached the literature on the manual.

Any info would be good as i am new to this level of saw, been using a ryobi saw up until now. (only use it for cutting fire wood up)

thanks in advance

59765a9b4cd08_husky55.jpg.0b86e2f02726897e014f1cbe0d53136f.jpg

Most decent oils mix at a ratio of 50:1, this is dictated by the oil and not by the equipment as many think. Oil has progressed since the 1970s leading to less oil being needed. One oil called Amasoil mixes at 100:1!

I use Stihl oil in a 40:1 mix, I add the extra oil to add a further degree of protection, I know the damage an air leak or lean mix can cause and a little more oil would help in this situation.

A couple of other facts - only mix enough fuel for a day to a weeks cutting as the oil is degraded byt he petrol and also never mix in the tank, always use an external container and mix well. Always drain the tank if the saw is left for a long time - the fuel has a tendency to destroy fuel lines in time.

• Like 1