200t oil leak

RobRainford

Got an issue with my 200t. It's leaking chail oil a lot. It comes out as its hanging on my harness and drips all over the tree below and has managed to drop about a quarter tank or so onto my shelf where it's stored.

Is it an easy fix?

Would this be covered under warranty? I've not had it a year yet.

Couple of areas where it can come from, the compression fit between the pipe that comes out of the tank or more likely, a split rubber fitting that the oil pump plugs in to.

Reasonably easy job to fit a new one....as long as you are happy taking off the clutch etc.

Can take a look if you like but isn't a major job!

I would clean the cap - am assuming it is the flippy ones, try a good soak in hot water and detergent and also check the rubber seal and the filler hole surround on the tank where it mates with the cap.

This should sort any cap leak but this wouldn't drain the tank as it would only leak until the oil was lower than the filler cap???

New non OEM caps are available at Mister Solutions online shop.

• 2 weeks later...