husky 346xp....HELP PLEASE

Martyn Amos

hi

please any help

just been out the garage,ppe on

fired up the 346 started cutting a medium size oak branch for some logs,got half way,saw stopped DEAD????what the ****

its been so reliable

when i went to pull starter cord all was tight,after a few pulls all freed up

then pulling,just would not start,washed air filter,cleaned plug,swapped plug with 357xp[so plug ok]

got her stated a few times but cutts out,got her ticking over and went to cut again,same thing stopped dead,went to pull starter cord all tight

back in garage,chain off

when you remove the clutch side plate,the clutch has to be in an off position to remove the plate[am i right]

then when putting the chain back on to the rim sprocket,as you know to line up chain there sould be free movement without resistance,there is not[like pushing a car in gear]i am thinking my clutch,am i right

any views,opinions welcome

if yes any ideas on cost[my local dealer blackwood chainsaws]any one knoe them:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Firstly this is why i use stihl :001_tongue: (sorry had to get it in before anyone else did)

The clutch going wouldnt make the saw stop, just stop the chain going around.

Have you been using the correct fuel mix, cleaned and checked fuel lines and filters? :001_smile:

We have had water in the carb before on one of our saws, made it run like a pile of poo.

Hope its sorted soon, its a pain when saws go down.

If the saw stopped suddenly and is tight on the pull cord its sounds like it has seized!. If the clutch had failed then its likely to turn over slowly and turn the chain with it. If its just tight and wont turn sounds like its seized- lack of oil in the petrol or a weak mixture.

If its seized and then freed off again you are likely to have low compression now as the piston rings will in all probability be stuck in their groves.

If its seized only cure is to strip and replace damaged parts- if you free it off and continue to use it you'll probably get it seizing again and again with more damage being done each time.

thanks

just used this saw for hedge laying in brecon on a farm,its was fine

the company i worked for had stihls [341s 60ish cc 2 of them died on the job and a 181,was going to take home for my 5 year old daughter]

back at you???

had huskies for years,this is the 1st time i have ever had a problem

at the end of the day this is not a my dads harder then your dad[ie which is best stihl or husqvarna]

i would like to say thanks for you reply

i would rule out water,the company i worked for did state when i used my saw that the mixture they were useing was the same 50-1

what happening now is when the chain brake is on you cannot turn the saw over[starter cord will not move]if you take chain brake off you can pull stater but there is compresion and the chain moves when you pull cord

thanks martyn

thanks

just used this saw for hedge laying in brecon on a farm,its was fine

the company i worked for had stihls [341s 60ish cc 2 of them died on the job and a 181,was going to take home for my 5 year old daughter]

back at you???

had huskies for years,this is the 1st time i have ever had a problem

at the end of the day this is not a my dads harder then your dad[ie which is best stihl or husqvarna]

i would like to say thanks for you reply

i would rule out water,the company i worked for did state when i used my saw that the mixture they were useing was the same 50-1

what happening now is when the chain brake is on you cannot turn the saw over[starter cord will not move]if you take chain brake off you can pull stater but there is compresion and the chain moves when you pull cord

thanks martyn

Was just having a laugh mate :thumbup1:

Sounds like the clutch could be seized, as in its engadged and stuck in that position.

Just clean the clutch parts out, see if the springs are all intact. Easy to see on huskys as they've got out board clutches.

thanks tree man tom

i bought this saw as a used machine last year and i has been awesome to date

i bought a 357xp brand new,but when ever i have tree work i always grab the 346xp?

its just lighter and with a 13" bar its fab for hedge laying work when you are in close

i am in south wales,and i sometimes work on a self employed basis for a company from down southern england[dorset]when they are working in my area knighton countryside management[heared of them]i have done tree and vegatation clearance and hedge laying and fencing[they are good to work for and cover southern england and south wales area]

thanks martyn