Cheap top handles

s.varty

Looking to buy a cheapo top handle saw, no doubt it will be chineese, I currently use my ms200 for fencing work and I feel I'm destroying a good expensive saw. The cheapo saw will be used only for cutting posts , tree roots etc. Any recommendations? I don't really want to spend much more that £100 , so it really will be the bottom end of the market . Ive only ever bought stihl and I'm not expecting the build quality to be anywhere near them.

would be good to know of a cheaper alternative, to give to an apprentice or some such

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good point, they can be bought for 60-£70 on ebay, just wondered if anyone on here has bought one.

Hyundai for £150 if you want something with spares backup

Hyundai HYC2610 26cc 2-Stroke Petrol Chainsaw

just found it much cheaper tempted myself now!

https://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-415937/hyundai-hyc2610.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwja_JBRD8idHpxaz0t3wSJAB4rXW5g16SEDlyxtEOexsKkBatN71rOXYMPL-uKmrEI-cQixoCXWPw_wcB

Edited by petercb

It's the exact same saw as the rest of the cheap ones, got a bunch of names like timberpro and can be got for cheaper than the £100 you spotted

https://www.manomano.co.uk/petrol-chainsaw-1770?model_id=2753890&referer_id=537135&gclid=CjwKEAjwja_JBRD8idHpxaz0t3wSJAB4rXW5OhHT8nTXlo1kau8E0ckvS19C4b4gu4Wjs8St_2CogRoC2a_w_wcB

As an example

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

I put the Timberpro £80 bucks to cut up small dia logs, had it 2yrs, used it loads. Can't complain, does the job.

Even done a reduction on a 50ft ash tree with it. All I can say is change the chain to a still,oregon and tighten up everything now and then and it's worth every penny.