Chainsaw value

SbTVF

Could anybody enlighten me as to what price I could maybe value my spare, low hours, 2014 550xp on its second chain at in order to trade up for a 395xp so I can have a bash at milling and have an easier job ringing up oversize firewood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afraid i can't help on what is a fair price, but as someone interested in getting a larger saw than i currently have I'd be interested at that price. Although to be fair my gut feel is that is a low price for a true lightly used 550xp

Where abouts are you based and how much work has it done? I'd potentially be interested

Near Middlesbrough (Elton) north east.

It's on it's second chain and that's only had a handful of sharpens. I'd estimate maybe 2 days work total and even then only for clearing up occasional fallen trees and logging up softwood prior to splitting to fit through our chipper for biomass. Nothing particularly strenuous for it!

It was bought new in 2015 (I think) as a replacement for a stolen 550xp which has subsequently been returned by the police so now it's sitting gathering dust. Don't do enough work to justify having two!

afraid i can't help on what is a fair price, but as someone interested in getting a larger saw than i currently have I'd be interested at that price. Although to be fair my gut feel is that is a low price for a true lightly used 550xp

Thanks for your honesty, I felt that half price is low considering it's usage. The dealer we bought it off suggested £300-350 privately but as a trade back to them would be even less than half! He suggested a 2012 395xp with similar low usage I was considering would only be worth £300 also. Unsurprisingly the seller was not interested.

That sounds a better price. I reckon the buyer would still be very very pleased at that sort of price. I would be if I were after that sort of saw (but I'm not really, I can't justify it for just cutting a bit of my own firewood). Best of luck.

Good luck with it. I would say that as a buyer, you'd have to look to make a fair saving to justify not having the dealers warranty but I can completely see your point with a saw that hasn't done that much work and you'd probably be best keeping hold of it.