201t oiling issues

TTownsend

Hi

Basically company I work for brought 2 brand new 201t back in September time last year and ever since they have both had trouble with chain oil getting to the bar.

I have numerous times I have had to take the cutch off both of them and give them a good clean with an air gun blowing out all the oil mechanism and it'll oil fine for about 4 tankfuls of fuel then it'll start repeating the process and not oil.

We use super sexy chainsaw oil and I have opened the oiling screw to the max setting and I don't know what else it could be? Was wondering whether it's the actual chain oil we are using being to thick or something but ruled that out because surely it would heat up and go more "runny".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

you checked the filter in the oil tank? I had a saw that had air blown into the pipe leading to the tank and it popped the oilfilter off and no one noticed and thus the pump kept on getting clogged. Other than that do what haironyourchest said and see if that helps.

you checked the filter in the oil tank? I had a saw that had air blown into the pipe leading to the tank and it popped the oilfilter off and no one noticed and thus the pump kept on getting clogged. Other than that do what haironyourchest said and see if that helps.

Yeah I blow out the oil filter as well that belongs in the tank. Yeah I'll give that a go hopefully be alright, have you ever heard of certain chain oils not running with certain saws ?

the work 201 tcm, s never seem to use much bar oil, the tank seems not even half empty when your out of petrol, not sure if this is normal with this saw, pretty sure enough gets to the bar though.

carl

A lot depends on oil type, the setting and then the temp - now things are warming up most of our saws are chugging through oil nicely - though I think it is kind of design that the oil tank doesn't empty vs 1 full tank of fuel - this is in case whoever refills the saw forgets to fill the oil.

The worm drives can strip their thread but is very rare on 201s and 200s. The oil pumps can wear between the steel gear shaft and the alloy housing, seen this a few times and the filter on the oil pickup pipe can get clocked as can the inlet union on the pump.....they are the typical faults.

You can try thinning your oil for a bit, it may flush the tank out but if the pump is blocked or worn then strip it down, doesn't take long.