MS260 oil leak - parts numbers?

Hi all. I've got an oil leak from the bottom of my MS260 (2002 model) seems to be coming from underneath, between the oil tank and the clutch plate.

I'm thinking that its probably a perished oil supply pipe, either the one between the oil tank and the oil pump or (less likely) between the oil pump and the oiler. Given that the saw is now 15 years old a perished pipe seems pretty feasible.

I'd like to replace both oil pipes but can only seem to find non-genuine parts and would prefer to use genuine. Does anyone know where I can get one or how I can find the part numbers? I can't find any exploded diagrams etc which tell me the part numbers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Toby

Hi all. I've got an oil leak from the bottom of my MS260 (2002 model) seems to be coming from underneath, between the oil tank and the clutch plate.

I'm thinking that its probably a perished oil supply pipe, either the one between the oil tank and the oil pump or (less likely) between the oil pump and the oiler. Given that the saw is now 15 years old a perished pipe seems pretty feasible.

I'd like to replace both oil pipes but can only seem to find non-genuine parts and would prefer to use genuine. Does anyone know where I can get one or how I can find the part numbers? I can't find any exploded diagrams etc which tell me the part numbers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Toby

Huh ! Mine too. Thought it was the filler cap but I'll check this ....

bmp01

Huh ! Mine too. Thought it was the filler cap but I'll check this ....

bmp01

My cap was also leaking and I think it was a non genuine which the previous owner fitted. Replaced it with a genuine one and it stopped leaking. It's still leaking from below the saw though. It comes out where the wrap around handle screws in. I found when I removed the screws that the threads were covered on bar oil.

I'll order the parts and fit them and then let you know if that sorts it!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app