Having a clear out

billpierce

Sorting through workshop and have a husky 50 greytop in bits, has a siezed piston, pot looks recoverable. Should be all there, may have pinched the odd screw and fuel lines. Think it had an airleak.

Also a husky 37, which I have had running, has repair to chain brake handle think bar and chain are included.

Both free to good homes, can post but obv buyer pays. Collection from nr Hexham, northumberland

Maybe good for somebody?

Sent from my C6603 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also appear to have husky 136 with a melted hole in oil tank, looks ok apart from that.

ooooh, please, if it has a good piston i could make use of that. The one i have in bits has a broken ring, piston written off blar, blar.

PM inbound

Thanks

bmp01

ooooh, please, if it has a good piston i could make use of that. The one i have in bits has a broken ring, piston written off blar, blar.

PM inbound

Thanks

bmp01

cb595a257a4aa8554e57831921fa649e.jpgdb64dc666e514f9433ee2623cfa831a3.jpg

Piston looks well, but oil tank not great, heard you can fix just about anything with jb superweld though

Speaking of clear outs, fella I know had a couple of old broken down chain saws, so I said I'd take em off his hands for parts..

Popped down last night with six chainsaws, all of em wrecked one way or the other, a petrol lawn mower, next to useless. a petrol jet wash, engine runs.. a crappy strimmer though nearly new, and other assorted crap.. the wife is mithering him to get shut, so he says.

Cost me fifty quid to get rid of him in the end... he thinks I've done him, I think I've spent fifty quid to move the crap from his garage into mine LOL...

cb595a257a4aa8554e57831921fa649e.jpgdb64dc666e514f9433ee2623cfa831a3.jpg

Piston looks well, but oil tank not great, heard you can fix just about anything with jb superweld though

That piston looks good. The one i have was grey to black when viewed from exhaust. I recon it thought it was a "double acting piston" with combuston above and below :001_rolleyes: The ring came out in three bits, broken either side of the locating pin. Don't think JB Weld was gonna fix that.

Does yours feel like it has reasonable compression?

bmp01

Hey Bill I have a 50 rancher that I put a new piston and barrel in but still won't run, also my trusty little 36 needs a new handle and a few other bits, if no takers I'll pay a courier to take them! let me know. thanks