Do you have a scrap Husqvarna 335XPT?

u23mt2

Hi folks,

Its a long story but I'll explain the short version. I have a 339xp that was in need of a piston and cylinder. I found (at great expense) the genuine Husqvarna kit for a 339xp (California) from the USA. Apparently a straight swap. So the parts arrived yesterday and with in about 60 seconds I noticed that the pipe from the carb to the cylinder is totally different.

After some googling I'm pretty sure the parts I need are from a 335XPT. What I need it the rubber hose from the carb to the cylinder (intake hose). The picture below should explain better.

If anyone out there has a scrap 335xpt in a box I'd be very grateful if I could buy the parts from you. I can get it from the dealer but I'm in a rush for it and none of the local guys have it in stock.

Thanks

MT

5976728eab5e6_2017-02-24(2)_LI.jpg.4c37b6ca2392ade150a19c205bb9f649.jpg

The California 339 was a pile doo doo . It had a bigger piston and cylinder than a standard 339 . It was to try and keep the power up because of all the extra restrictions on it to meet California emission regs . It could not pull the skin of a cold rice pudding .

The California 339 was a pile doo doo . It had a bigger piston and cylinder than a standard 339 . It was to try and keep the power up because of all the extra restrictions on it to meet California emission regs . It could not pull the skin of a cold rice pudding .

They responded really well to a muffler mod !

Gents,

Thanks for the heads up on the ebay link however our local Husqvarna dealer has assured me he will have the parts for Monday. That's about as good as it gets for ordering on a Friday.

The original saw is a normal UK 339xp but the piston and cylinder were toast hence the new parts. I'm sure it will need a bit of setting up to get it to run right.

The saw has already had a muffler mod (although not run it since) and if I get 30 seconds away from work at the weekend I'll be out with the dremel/die grinder on the cylinder before fitting it. Hopefully it should be a good wee saw eventually. In a fit of madness I bought it a Sugihara pro lightweight bar...

Marc,

I do realise that the 335xpt wasn't exactly Huskys finest hour, I was thinking the same, there must be loads kicking around not used in a box hence the question.

Not to worry, hopefully I've guessed right on the parts front and the 335 parts fit.

I have bought and sold chainsaws for years.

I mostly deal with Stihl 200T and I took a Husky 338xpt in on trade for a 200T.

Cylinder was good but piston was cracked. This was the California version and yes it had a larger piston --43mm I think.

Piston cost nearly twice as much as the regular one.

I noticed three strange things with this saw:

One is that to replace the oil pump, you have to remove engine crank cap!

The other was that crank bearings are SEALED!

And last, intake manifold boot had an inside diameter less then the size of a dime?

In over fifty years of working on two stroke engines, never saw sealed bearings on crankshaft?

That was my first and last Husky top handle and I have no idea if all xpt are built like that.