Stihl vs ECHO

dan123

I have a ported 150,great little saw,i tried the echo 2510,the predecessor to the 2511 and it was a great little saw too,although i only got to use it for a day.

By all accounts the echo 2511 is good little saw.

Theres a thread on the echo 2510/2511 on here.

Difficult choice,depends what you need the saw for,dismantles or pruning.

If it was me id be lookin at the 2511,even a ported 150 has its limitations.

That threads called tiny echo think its on the chainsaw forum

Edited by stihlmadasever

got the echo cs2511tes super little saw about 200 grams lighter than the ms150.

The echo is good slightly more grunty but its way better chaining it over to the ms150 bar n chain but you need a extra drive link in the stihl chain for the echo.

Have to admit the echo broke last week but nothing major the throttle safety lock got jammed down but was repair under warranty. but was told of first local echo dealer to me wont fix it as you never bought it from here so got onto the blower to echo and apparently there dealers can refuse to carry out warranty work.

but found another dealer who said no problem and was dropped off at 4.30 pm and was ready to be picked up next day at lunch time

Edited by littlerob

I have the 2511 and had the 2510 before and it's a blinding little saw. My bigger top handle (360tes) only comes out on big dismantles now as the 2511is so good. Handles everything up to and above bar length (10") and you don't notice it on your harnes at all. I also hardly bother taking a silky too. I know I'm maybe a little bias as I own the echo but I have used both the 150 and 2511 and the echo is hands down the better of the two

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

Only used the stihl which was a decent enough saw. My only observation about the 2511 and other echo top handles is the build quality / robustness. I've seen several with missing covers leaving exposed wiring and when the 2511 launched there were pictures of people drilling the plastics to cable tie them on to prevent this. Personally that puts me off buying one although I can't comment on cutting performance as I haven't used an echo top handle.

I do rate some of their ground saws as I like their simplicity and lack of auto tune or equivalent.