Stihl MS211 value please

codlasher

I had my two little chainsaws stolen a while back and the insurance claim gave me enough money to buy one new saw. I don't do much cutting now except on my own firewood & I have been offered this;

A Stihl MS211, year 2010 in average condition. Needs a new guide bar. Starts as a Stihl should having not been used for six months. Chain-brake works. Chain ok. Not stolen as I know the owner.

What would you offer for this little saw? Advice please.

Thank you,

codlasher

DSC08742.jpg.599337070c1bbd254f7443e3921e5e8e.jpg

DSC08745.jpg.3f67d924093febcc11ebcc50fa4bc629.jpg

DSC08743.jpg.8a44540aad1a5f44456aa4cff9f040a4.jpg

I have a 2013 dated saw i bought new in 2014 summer to do carvings etc, carved 6 owl's and cut a bit of fire wood but dont use it anymore. All working and new chain. 14" would value it at 200.00 if i was to sell with normal bar on...

That wants to be 150.00 ish i say

Why's owner getting rid? The original user is no longer working for the owner of the large garden. It was never a owner operator saw which is my one worry as we all know what 'operatives' are like on equipment they don't own. Except to say in my belief it has at least the benefit of proper Stihl two-stroke oil & chain lube. OK the cuide bar could be turned but I've shown it in all its original glory.

codlasher

• 2 weeks later...