150t high clip?

TheHungrySquirrel

Saw strop with a ring works for me, the recoil with a krab in though is my 150 favourite.

Really? I hate the thing. The krab is never facing the right way for an open caritool. It's fine if you chuck the saw and catch it by the krab, but for quick clipping it's a pain.

I'm looking into making a bodge high clip point for my 2510. I think it'll involve araldite and a wire coat hangar. The missus keeps them in our "special drawer"

150 or 2511 Newton.

Talk to me.

I had no problem high clipping a 150 back onto a large gate-free caritool using the same hook that the strop is choked to.

Not as good as the 540 like, you can't beat that system.

When I say I had no problem I mean I could do it ok but it's not as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Just like the reach of the recoil , it's better on a 540 .. you can put the 150 non trigger handle straight on the carry tool but you end up sitting on the bar.i quite like chuckin it up and catching the strop its light enough and it makes you look a tree ninja.

150 or 2511 Newton.

Talk to me.

I had no problem high clipping a 150 back onto a large gate-free caritool using the same hook that the strop is choked to.

Not as good as the 540 like, you can't beat that system.

When I say I had no problem I mean I could do it ok but it's not as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I like my Echo over the Stihl but it seems to be luck of the draw with some.

The echo is lighter and noticeably smaller (good for us more compact people) but the Stihl running gear is better (when new), the Sugi bar and chain is a bit slower but more forgiving.

All told I'd go for the Echo with the Stihl b&c.

You can't lose with either, but you're a mug if you don't buy one or the other.

If you're still coming up this month you can borrow the Echo for a couple of weeks.

To high clip I have a crappy old petzl krab in the metal eye aswell as the tool strip. The krab generally sits upright and is easy to clip and unclip one handed.

Works on my 201t just fine mate. The Fisher Price 2511 has the attachment orientated horizontally, which puts the crab 90• the wrong way