Brand new 660 for less than £225...almost

TonyIOM

hmm. I'm actually well tempted. But I also need you all to tell me firmly and maturely it's a bad idea.

Having said that: if i'm looking for a wee hobbie piece, how difficult is a saw to build? I've never gone past basic field maintenance, am i just gonna get bogged down in jumbled parts and inadequate tools?

and, when i put the saw to a log, will it just explode...

bearing in mind the saw would get used, but i don't really need one.

hmm. I'm actually well tempted. But I also need you all to tell me firmly and maturely it's a bad idea.

Having said that: if i'm looking for a wee hobbie piece, how difficult is a saw to build? I've never gone past basic field maintenance, am i just gonna get bogged down in jumbled parts and inadequate tools?

well I've been looking at several biscuit tins for about six months that used to be an 070 and still can't figure out how it goes together, and I've a decent amount of mechanical knowledge. Might be easier if you get an instruction manual though.

It's a bad idea! But would be tempted too. If you compare it to the build your own model delorean advert that's on at the mo which comes in at £1100 odd the saw is a bargain!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Trouble with this sort of thing is that you will probably end up with something that looks like a MS660 but just isn't quite as good and will become a frustration until it resides under the bench and you purchase a real one.

If the saw fails say three times - how much would that cost you if it was your primary saw and had no big gun backup?

Having had a Chinky 372XP apart, it sort of looked familiar but it just wasn't the same. The fractures in the crankcases around the main bearings were a bit worrying TBH although it held pressure and vacuum! The recoil spring was another strange one - double thickness and stupidly strong!