Skip chain stupidity??

TheHungrySquirrel

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not swap the 560 onto 3/8 like we have and I now have a 550 2x560 2x372 and 390 all running same chain so get a real at a time and make up as needed, works out a lot cheaper.

Also think the 560 is better on the bigger chain

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

How do they run on the 3/8?

I'm aware of the 3/8 sprocket just struggling to find the bars.

I know rob d has some but if I was to swap out probably want a 20 or 24 on the 560 with full skip

They run well, stronger chain, takes more abuse, easier to sharpen well for lads and less teeth already.

Had 15" of Rob but got a 20" husky bar from dealer from new on 1 saw which I believe was actually for a rancher whichever saw that is.

Just works well for me not having to keep a stock of different chain and just make as needed.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

Remove every other cutter and you'll have a fine chain for cutting round corners ! And youll need another with the opposite cuters removed to go in the other direction !!

I cut off every third cutter to gve pairs of cuutters followed by the skip on my 066 wirh 36 " 3/8 chain. Mark and check several times before taking the grinder to the chain to make sure you dont get successive same side cutters together, depending on how the chain was joined initially. Make sure you dont get the grinder too close to the rivets. I learnt to use good light, a solid vice and my glasses the expensive way.

Shaun

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Arbtalk mobile app

Edited by skc101fc

Now bear with me on this 😜

I run full skip on my 372 and 3120 but it's not available for the 560 in 325"

The other day I knocked a few teeth off a nearly new chain, can I remove every other tooth so it's balanced and create a skip chain?

Or is it too late in the day for creativity?

What size skiptooth is it you use? I have been looking for 3/8 .58 for ages but can only find it in the US

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app