New 395xp

Dean1984

I recently asked on here about a big chainsaw for running 24" bars and decided to go for stihl 460 or stihl 064 both looked good but after some time thinking I didn't want to spend too much on a saw that was used and end up splashing out on repairs or Risthat anyway. So decided to apply for finance and get a 395xp off RF Jones with the bosses permission of coarse. I know some will say should have got a 661 but don't fancy the drive to pick it up. I hate London to many people in a rush for me I don't play well with other I'm told :001_smile: Anyway was after some advice on best fuel to oil ratio to use? And best 2storke to use? I use 33/1 in my 039 and seems fine. Any hep would be great.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am excited about getting the saw. Thanks for your input I've read that many different thing on internet about fuel oil mixes.

I have had a 395 for a number of years ( and 2x 394 before that ) They have always been run at 50 :1 with no problems . The 395 runs on Aspen now . Also at 50 :1 . I would not use anything else now .

Edited by Stubby

I have had a 395 for a number of years ( and 2x 394 before that ) They have always been run at 50:1 with no problems . The 395 runs on Aspen now . Also at 50:1 . I would not use anything else now .

I run two 395 s and can easily burn 15 litres a day of mix.you must be rich to run it on aspen, a litre a fill and 20 min cutting.but they are my main saws running 24 and 28 inch bars.occasionally a 36.in 5 years either have missed a beat,and cream my old 285 xp. .put a 8 tooth rim and a 20 inch bar on and I doubt there are many machines that will beat it.apart from a spud model one.......One day I hope

I recently asked on here about a big chainsaw for running 24" bars and decided to go for stihl 460 or stihl 064 both looked good but after some time thinking I didn't want to spend too much on a saw that was used and end up splashing out on repairs or Risthat anyway. So decided to apply for finance and get a 395xp off RF Jones with the bosses permission of coarse. I know some will say should have got a 661 but don't fancy the drive to pick it up. I hate London to many people in a rush for me I don't play well with other I'm told :001_smile: Anyway was after some advice on best fuel to oil ratio to use? And best 2storke to use? I use 33/1 in my 039 and seems fine. Any hep would be great.

Sorry to hijack you're thread but how do you get on with you're 039 ? Thanks

I might look at aspen never used before so will look into how much it costs etc it's pleasing to see most like the 395 thanks.

As for the 039 it's a 1997 model I brought off eBay 3 years ago for just over £100 it's only on 2nd bar and has never put a foot wrong for me, the oiler is a it stingy but not the end of the world. In fact I am very attached to this saw and would never sell it. Well for now ha ha