Saw for over size timber

tomm156

Hi all, apologise in advance for another chainsaw thread, have read through most threads on the subject.

Currently have a 550xpg on a 15, a echo 620 on a 20 and a 460 on a 25. Looking to buy a saw to run a 28-30 inch bar, had my mind made up on a 661 but after reading through this site I am now unsure weather to go 576 or 390. No experience of husky saws as 550 is only a couple weeks old and I haven't had chance to use it that much,

New saw will be purely for ringing up hardwood on the ground. Looking or any sujeations on what to get

Thanks in advance

Tom

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had my 385XP stolen and could not buy another so got a 390XP to replace it . I did not think it was so " agressively " ported as the 385XP so sent it to Spud to work his magic . Now it goes like a goodun .

I have a 390 ported buy spud it's a dream to use goes like a rocket I personally do my over sized ringing up with my 3120 though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Sold my 3120 coz I like my 395 ( walker saw shop ) better and struggled to pick the big ugly one up let alone use it !

Sold my 3120 coz I like my 395 ( walker saw shop ) better and struggled to pick the big ugly one up let alone use it !

I no what u are saying there not fun to carry around but I personally would prefer go use my biggest saw for ringing up the big stuff and keep my 390 for in the tree and felling and any smaller logging

I no what u are saying there not fun to carry around but I personally would prefer go use my biggest saw for ringing up the big stuff and keep my 390 for in the tree and felling and any smaller logging

I am in the fortunate position of having 395 downwards ...390spud , 372spud 560petemate and 346spud .