Husqvarna 357xp crankcase issue...

GuyLCW

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

I was replacing a bar stud bolt on one of my 357xp's, when tensioning the nut I heard a slight crack and now the saw has a small oil leak. I'm yet to completely strip the saw but I can only assume I have cracked the crankcase.

So two questions, has anyone repaired small crankcase cracks, and if so what method?

Does anyone have a used 357xp crankcase in fair condition for sale? I've been looking on fleabay but the only one is a new OEM one in America which would cost £180 to get shipped over.

Many thanks,

Guy

Repairing that crack will be next to impossible as welding is probably not possible, any glue will crack due to it being a stress point. You could use some gasket material between the bar and cases.

If you import from the states, pay the import duty up front otherwise you will be hit with VAT and handling which will stick on £40-50 on to that price - think DHL do it!

Thanks for all the responses. Guess I'll lurk on eBay for a secondhand crankcase. It's been a bad week for mechanical things this month, I crushed my perfect reserve 357xp with the boom of the telehandler I was driving today and now have no solid chainsaws to use. Funny how you can have two saws for years with no issue and then both get knacked within a month. Deary me.

• 3 weeks later...