Jonsered 2145 turbo 45cc

john andrews

Good Evening Gents,

I have a chance to pick up a nice condition Jonsered 2145, the only think i know about the Jonsered is that there from the Husky family and seem to be very good, i do not have a Jonsered dealer close to me but i can use the internet to get parts that does bother me, the 2145 turbo is 45cc, would that be near the husky 346xp sort of performance give or take a few cc's, many thanks John.

The 2145 is the same saw as the Husky 345, with the usual Jonsered to Husky differences.

In the late 1990s Husky introduced two rather similar looking "saw families" that even shared some parts, but had some very important quality differences.

The 345/2145 belongs to a family of "homeowner" saws with a plastic crankcase, a "clamshell" engine and "open port" cylinders - typical features for "homeowner" class saws. They proved to be very good saws for that classification though. This family consisted of the 350/2150, 345/2145 and 340/2141.

Even though the 350/2150 basically was a clamshell design, the traditional clamshell top end was replaced by a metal upper case that was not part of the real top end, but worked as an upper bearing cage and a base for a "non-clamshell" top end. This is important if you want to upgrade the performance of any of these models.

The other "saw family" was the pro grade 346xp family, with a vertically split magnesium case and some added "pro grade" features. Trough the years this family consisted of the 45cc 346xp/2147, 351/2149, 353/2152 and NE (50cc) 346xp/2153. The top end were closed port quads, except on most of the 351/2149s, that shared the open port top end with the 350/2150. The 351/2149 and 353/2152 were "semi-pro" saws, that deliberately had top ends with less performance than the true pro saws.

Using the "bearing cap/cylinder" base of the 350 and a few simple tricks makes it possible to use the strongest top ends (NE346xp) on all the mentioned plastic cased saws, in addition to all the mag cased ones.

Edited by SawTroll
  • Like 1

I have a 2045 turbo which we use temporarily when a daily saw has broken down, it punches well above its weight, was this marketed as semi-pro Mr Troll ?

Sorry, just seen your reply to adw.

No, it was a "homeowner" class saw, with plastic case and "clamshell" engine.