Mucculloch vs Huskvarna

Hunter

Would like some advice please. I read in here how good is the husky 135 and thinking about buying one.

I have checked my old chainsaw MAC 838 and was surprised to find the name Huskvarna written on it. I have used this saw for light work in my garden, but I have also used it to fell three large conifer trees and was impressive with it.

Recently I have bought 16 acre of woodland which has been neglected and I feel I need a new saw.

There are several fallen and dead trees in the wood which need to be sorted out.

Here are the specification of my MAC

Engine displacement: 38 cc

Power: 1.6 kW

Anti-Vibration: Yes

Weight: 4.7 kg

Oil tank: 0.2l

Fuel tank: 0.34l

Which seems same power like husky 135.

Which saw would you recommend and why.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I repaired a neighbors muccolloch, noticed it had Husqvarna stamps on many of the parts. But, for example, noticed the muc had a (Husqvarna stamped) 2 piece clutch, rather than 3 piece I'm used to seeing on pro grade saws.

Husky 562 with 18 and 25" bar would be my choice btw

Most of the trees will be between 15-20 inch but there are couple of trees with 28-30 inch.

I think you will get saws much bigger than a 135 suggested. I have a husky 450 with a 15 and 18 inch bar which I am pleased with, a bit more plastic than some but no auto tune so a simple homeowner saw. More money than a 135 and the toolless adjuster is delicate , but can be modified when it goes I believe. Or better still get a saw with a simple nut etc.