Husqvarna 365 X-torq > 372 X-Torq

aliS

I know there is already a thread on the subject, bare with me.

So to convert a 365 X-Torq to 372 X-Torq supposedly all I have to do is remove the baffles on both transfer port covers? OK I've done that.

Now I've also noticed there is a portioning spade in the air intake between the carb and the air filter, as far I can tell this is only causing further restriction? So does the 372 have this? Surely if I remove it the saw can only breath easier? I've tried googling pictures and from what I can tell the 372 doesn't have it.

All the videos and advise I've read is only the baffle ports need removed? Any one have an opinion?

Ali

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs but the technical guys at Husky have had quite a few seized up 365's over the years in for warranty!:001_smile:

Make sure you put it back together right and it will be fine.

In light of that - a tach tune to 500rpm below max spec may be wise to make sure the mod doesn't screw with the max revs!

This is all part of the Strato system so leave it in place and just do the transfer covers!

Ah, so why does the 372 appear to not have the same split in the air horn if it is indeed the more or less the same saw?

Two transfer covers?

I've only done one. Bugger

The fly wheel side? You'll have to loosen the block and lift it slightly to get the other side.

Ah, so why does the 372 appear to not have the same split in the air horn if it is indeed the more or less the same saw?

The fly wheel side? You'll have to loosen the block and lift it slightly to get the other side.

You want to take the cylinder off completely and put a new gasket in there, short cuts are a quick way to kill the engine.

In regards to the split are you sure you arent looking at the non x-torq 372?

All the intake parts are the same for the 365 and 372 X-torque.

Checked the IPLs and both saws share the same air filter elbow - 515 98 29-01. Not sure where you are getting your info from???