Solo 603

Will H

I've just picked up a Solo 603 saw, never had any experience with one before but at 103cc it seems to be a bit of a beast! :thumbup1:

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much information on the web about this particular saw though. Does anyone know where I can find a manual for it or at least the rpm settings for tuning?

Also I'm missing the muffler for it, I believe the same muffler is also fitted to the Solo 670, 680 and 690 so I thought I’d just ask on the off chance that someone happens to have one lying around!

Anyway it would be interesting to get some opinions about the saw!

I've just picked up a Solo 603 saw, never had any experience with one before but at 103cc it seems to be a bit of a beast! :thumbup1:

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much information on the web about this particular saw though. Does anyone know where I can find a manual for it or at least the rpm settings for tuning?

Also I'm missing the muffler for it, I believe the same muffler is also fitted to the Solo 670, 680 and 690 so I thought I’d just ask on the off chance that someone happens to have one lying around!

Anyway it would be interesting to get some opinions about the saw!

You are right it is a beast of a saw it runs and pulls well plenty of torque good find :thumbup::thumbup: I've got a 603 and had a 690 and now got a 670 and working on a solo / Dolmar 694 they are good saws the 690 is more of a high revving saw the clutch is very heavy on the 603 it does generate a lot of heat clutch side but if you keep it clean from softwood resin you shouldn't get too much burning on the clutch cover

Some Parts have been hard too obtain in the past but they do appear on evil any sometimes

image.jpg.cfc5d87e4966189b7971eb226230662e.jpg

You are right it is a beast of a saw it runs and pulls well plenty of torque good find :thumbup::thumbup: I've got a 603 and had a 690 and now got a 670 and working on a solo / Dolmar 694 they are good saws the 690 is more of a high revving saw the clutch is very heavy on the 603 it does generate a lot of heat clutch side but if you keep it clean from softwood resin you shouldn't get too much burning on the clutch cover

Some Parts have been hard too obtain in the past but they do appear on evil any sometimes

Thanks Shavey - it's good hear from someone with first hand experience of the saw. Your 603 looks good, annoyingly mine doesn't have the decompresson valve - bit hard on the shoulders!

Thanks Shavey - it's good hear from someone with first hand experience of the saw. Your 603 looks good, annoyingly mine doesn't have the decompresson valve - bit hard on the shoulders!

Yes it has a fair compression :thumbup: the muffler is huge on those saws