Efco Mt3500 pulley replacement

Jimstirrup

Hi I'm new here and I need some guidance on how to replace the pullcord pulley on a EFCO Mt3500. The chap who had it before me sent it to be repaired and the repairman messed it up a bit and reversed fuel lines and forgot to connect the kill switch back up so it wouldn't start and then he pulled and pulled and pulled and broke the pulley. So i now need to replace it any tips

A picture of the carnage might help ?

This is the one that's currently on it which I've discovered is a modified oleo Mac 941cx two piece pulley. I believe I'm right in saying the Mt3500 and oleo Mac 941 share the same pulley so obviously they've ordered the incorrect one. I purchased the correct one and it turns out that onr doesn't fit either. The centre hole is too small and the fins for the pawls are too big so back to find another one

Screenshot_2016-09-21-00-09-15.jpg.d02fd8811c5cba60f0393ae378ad1716.jpg

597671d9c794e__3.jpg.5a62fc8f08205cf91c207345eae7376c.jpg

Edited by Jimstirrup

This is the one that's currently on it which I've discovered is a modified oleo Mac 941cx two piece pulley. I believe I'm right in saying the Mt3500 and oleo Mac 941 share the same pulley so obviously they've ordered the incorrect one. I purchased the correct one and it turns out that onr doesn't fit either. The centre hole is too small and the fins for the pawls are too big so back to find another one

What is the part number of the new pulley you have ?

50170050R is the part number for the one I ordered but the one that's been fitted before is a 50170153r. The one I ordered I tried to fit and the internal hole is too small and not deep enough to take the shaft until I drilled it out and the recoil fins are far too big to pass the pawls on the flywheel

50170050R is the part number for the one I ordered but the one that's been fitted before is a 50170153r. The one I ordered I tried to fit and the internal hole is too small and not deep enough to take the shaft until I drilled it out and the recoil fins are far too big to pass the pawls on the flywheel

That is the correct part number ,

Original pulley is for an Efco 141sp

Yeah it had been modified by drilling and grinding the recoil fins, I have no idea what this apparent chainsaw technician was doing but he was making a mess of it. I've ordered a new one today and it's a 7 day delivery so I'm presuming they've just taken a pulley and modded it as the downtime was too long for a replacement