husky 435 or 440?

flatyre

Looking a small two handled saw similar cc to a top handle for conifer topping and taking out small trees, smart money would be the echo cs-390esx but a bit out of my budget, I would prefer to stick with husky's and given my budget it looks like a toss up between the 435 and the more expensive 440. Has anyone any experience of these models? particularly the 435.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a 440. It's a nice little saw. The 435 and 440 are almost identical except the 440 has a few more cc's. A friend of mine has a 435 that has the tool less chain tensioner but I prefer mine with the standard tensioner.

E models have easy tension but it's no advantage. 435 and 440 are both 40.9cc the 440 has flip caps now and seems a bit more industrial than the 435. 435 is like a deluxe 135 using .325 chain instead of 3/8" and with adjustable oil pump which 135 doesn't have.

I have just looked in my manual which covers both 435 and 440. I was wrong they are both 40.9cc but the 440 is rated at 1.8kw where as the 435 is 1.6kw. My 440 has flippy caps and the manual also shows the 435 as having them. The oil pump is not adjustable.

I haven't ordered it yet but as the 15inch bar is just sapping the guts out the saw, a twelve inch B&C will soon be coming it's way

I've got the 135 which is the same engine size runing 3/8" chain on a 14" bar and it doesn't struggle on anything I've cut including oak, you must be leaning hard on it. Friend of mine has a 435 and he says his has adjustable oil pump.

Edited by peatff

At £240 inc. vat from FR Jones I think its a great investment, it'll replace my old husky 36 bought off ebay for £30, for being thirty years old and home owner grade, that little saw earned me a fortune. If the 435 is even half the saw i'll be happy. The 36 is done, losing compression, coil on its way out, wrap handle broken (final blow) but I might just resurrect her for sentimental sake:thumbup: