Ms200t bogging on full throttle

Pbtaylor2014

Hi guys i have a Ms200t was low on compression so iv check everything came down to a piston rings so new ones was put in been using it a while to wear in but when you try to put the throttle full on its bogs but if i pull it slowish it will rev up good compression any idea thanks

What is the compression measurement? If the original rings were shot, I would have replaced the complete piston as a worn one even with good rings can lose compression.

Did you hone/roughen the glaze on the bore when the new rings went in?

The bogging you are experiencing may just be poor carb adjustment - try putting the H&L on one turn out unless it has an 020T carb where the adjustment can be more varied.

What is the compression measurement? If the original rings were shot, I would have replaced the complete piston as a worn one even with good rings can lose compression.

Did you hone/roughen the glaze on the bore when the new rings went in?

The bogging you are experiencing may just be poor carb adjustment - try putting the H&L on one turn out unless it has an 020T carb where the adjustment can be more varied.

Hi spud had it check by a dealer all is fine he said the saw use to run fine before new rings when in the dealer said it's a little low on comp so i should put new rings in did that and been using since i have a couple of ms200t this is the one that gets a little bit or hard work will try carb again isnt it normally one turn on l and 3/4 on h your the experts so iwill give both a one turn if no joy will give carb a overhaul

Hi spud had it check by a dealer all is fine he said the saw use to run fine before new rings when in the dealer said it's a little low on comp so i should put new rings in did that and been using since i have a couple of ms200t this is the one that gets a little bit or hard work will try carb again isnt it normally one turn on l and 3/4 on h your the experts so iwill give both a one turn if no joy will give carb a overhaul

You would normally start with one turn out on both the H and L screw, if a saw is bogging at low to mid revs on pickup, sometimes it is just the L screw being a little lean. Be aware that many MS200s still have the carb limit caps fitted and these will stop you changing the H screw by much but that may be a good thing as it should run OK on factory settings.

If an 020T carb has been fitted, these often run at settings other than 1&1 as there is only one pick up for fuel to feed both H&L screws meaning if you change the L screw setting, the H screw changes as well so more difficult to dial in.

I have never just fitted a ring, worn rings usually mean the piston skirts will have excessive wear or enough wear to warrant a new piston. I have had saws make good compression but have no torque just down to a worn piston.

What compression does it make on the first pull?

Edited by spudulike

Hi spud just changed the plug retune like you said it's seem to be back to normal no bogging so been running it this morning and will still get you a comp measure

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

OK, must have been a lack of fuel on acceleration caused by the L screw. Typical compression on a good MS200 is 170psi and on a well worked one is 150psi, anything below 150 isn't good and the maximum I have seen is 210psi on a modified saw.