ms201t fuel tank/cap won't lock!

samgriff

I wondered if anyone else has had this issue (and come up with an easy fix).

I can't get the fuel cap to lock properly. I don't think it's an issue with the cap as I've tried other caps with the same result and the cap from this saw works fine on my other saw. I wondered if I've damaged the thread somehow although there's no obvious signs.

Any ideas other than replacing the tank? :(

These caps should rotate the lower part of the cap which locks the cap and then the top should rotate, compressing the cap to seal it.

Sometimes the cap doesn't rotate in the middle as it should so a clean and lube will help. Often the perforated ring under the top part of the cap binds on the tank hole and often stops the flippy bit folding down in the correct position - I have used a dremel on bad caps before now which has eased the issue.

I've got a strimmer (fs50) or something, that I can't get the cap on. - without pliers! I physically can't twist it tight enough to get the little triangle to line up with the triangle gap so when I push the black flip handle thing, it just levers the whole cap off and leaves a gap. I got peed off with it and just twisted it on further with pliers and it's fine. Clearly not right and probably a faulty tank but I'm not buying another one.