Home Saw Bogging Down

Lazurus

Got me a little 16" Royal for preparing logs for turning. It is running fine and top revs when not under load, but, when I cut it bogs down, have I got it too lean at the top end? Just wanted to check the best way to get the right mixture when not under load to stop the bogging down. Apart from that for a real cheapo it runs and cuts fine.

Got me a little 16" Royal for preparing logs for turning. It is running fine and top revs when not under load, but, when I cut it bogs down, have I got it too lean at the top end? Just wanted to check the best way to get the right mixture when not under load to stop the bogging down. Apart from that for a real cheapo it runs and cuts fine.

Is that like a Chicken Royal? Heard that the burger cuts better than many cheapo saws:sneaky2::lol:

I guess it is near new so not had any seize issues?

If the saw is gutless on low to mid revs, richen up the L screw, if the thing isn't holding any sort of power in the cut then you could richen the H screw and as long as it still holds revs when the throttle is held open under no load, it should be OK.

It may just be the saw is just a bit under powered or a Royal turd......I don't believe they smell:lol:

Spud, I think reading between the lines there is some good advice there..... and about the mixture. Lol.

Yes its not the best make by any stretch but it does its job, I think I have leaned out the top end a little too much so will try the advice on the H screw.

One day I will get me a "proper" saw then I can get it "Spudded".......

Spud, I think reading between the lines there is some good advice there..... and about the mixture. Lol.

Yes its not the best make by any stretch but it does its job, I think I have leaned out the top end a little too much so will try the advice on the H screw.

One day I will get me a "proper" saw then I can get it "Spudded".......

Just take the H screw out until the saw doesn't rev well and then turn it in so it cleans up a bit with no screaming. Test it out and see how it cuts. Ifvitvis still bad, strip the carb, clean and reassemble. This often solves carb issues on Chinese type kit!