Solo doesn't market saws any more?

Adamam

Does Solo not exist as a saw manufacturer any more? If not, is the spares situation also finished in the UK?

I run a small Solo as my 'lives in the boot' saw and rate it far more highly than small Stihl/Husky equivalents in terms of build. Shame if spares are finished...

:confused1:

Does Solo not exist as a saw manufacturer any more? If not, is the spares situation also finished in the UK?

I run a small Solo as my 'lives in the boot' saw and rate it far more highly than small Stihl/Husky equivalents in terms of build. Shame if spares are finished...

:confused1:

Rochford were going to be distributor for Solo , last time i spoke to a rep about it was late 2014 early 2015 , major quality control issues in the factory were stated as the hold up then . Ebay was flooded with cheap saws around 2014 , Rochford were looking for Dealers then it all went quiet ??

Rochford were going to be distributor for Solo , last time i spoke to a rep about it was late 2014 early 2015 , major quality control issues in the factory were stated as the hold up then . Ebay was flooded with cheap saws around 2014 , Rochford were looking for Dealers then it all went quiet ??

Solo was due to be relaunched on the UK market in Dec 2015 but there were hitches.

Then it was meant to be Feb 2016, but it still did not happen.

When I spoke to them earlier this week they still did not have a date, nor were they offering any reasons.

Lets hope its a case of "a good thing is worth waiting for"

Solo was due to be relaunched on the UK market in Dec 2015 but there were hitches.

When I spoke to them earlier this week they still did not have a date, nor were they offering any reasons.

I think it's looking that way Barrie I had contact with dealer in Germany and he had a visit to Alko factory and said the products look fantastic :thumbup::thumbup:

Lets hope as you say , getting a bit sick of the substandard rubbish that's offered as an alternative to the mainstay brands . but delays like this tend to point to production issues in far eastern places ? assembled in Germany would be a good guess but i hope not !

Well, for your sake we had better hope they are not too good, might give you some opposition Andrew:biggrin:

Yes very true :thumbup::thumbup: but they are very good product well made as you know but the last range of saws where so expensive compared to the competition but it's been a long time since they closed production lines and leaving people a bit high and dry with there products purchased over the last 2 yrs or so with not many sources for parts

with rochfords distributing them it should be a good scenario :thumbup::thumbup:

I bought one of the cheap Solo 646s that was on Ebay around a year ago, Abbey garden sales are still asking for £420 for my one which is a bit optimistic considering I and countless others paid £180. While basically a good saw it has a few cheaper quality parts where it matters and the odd annoying design flaw that you definitely shouldn't be getting on a £400+ saw, plus the lack of spares availability now is a massive shame. I've basically had to accept that if I ever need a substantial part I'm probably going to have to write the saw off if I can't bodge or modify it which isn't a nice feeling.

I spoke to the parts director at Rochfords today about the Solo spares problems that have been mentioned on this thread.

He informed me that although the actual release date for the new products is not yet known, they are able to supply spares at present for existing saws.

They have direct contact with the German factory which can identify and supply them with most parts.

So for those wanting Solo spares contact Rochfords Garden Machinery, preferably by their 'info' email on their website Contact Us

Make sure you quote all the details from the machines information plate, along with a clear description of the spares required.

I hope this helps.