old husky bits

openspaceman

I've turned my attention to two of my old saws as I have no more productive things to do, first one I got going since it was laid up around 1995 was a 2100cd I think I bought in 1982. It was never my favourite saw and when a Stihl 084 came along in exchange for a bad debt I stopped using it. Last outing was to a dutch friend who broke the shaft on the manual assist oil pump and plugged on until the stellite tip on the solid nose 36".404 bar wore away. Is the knob and shaft for this hand pump still available?

It has what seems to be a D009 mount so I swapped the clutch drum and 3/8 ~28" bar and chain from a 288 I'm rebuilding once a new piston arrives and it seems to run fine.

So I need to know what parts from later saws I might use to replace obsolete bits.

I assume I can use the guide bar side plates from any husky with D009 mounts?

Does any other saw share the swedomatic chain brake mechanism for this saw? I need a handle and much of the brake trigger assembly.

Finally can I use the single clutch spring from another saw as this one seems to have stretched just enough for the chain to snatch on tick-over.

There are very few parts now for the 2100CD, it was replaced by the 2101XP, and then by the 3120XP, i will check what old parts i might have, you can fit the 281/288XP chain brake onto this machine, it looks a little odd as it is shorter at the rear, but does work, be very carefull removeing the manual oiler, as it runs through the fuel tank and has an o ring at the bottom, if the o ring does not seat properly or is damaged, chain oil will start leaking into the fuel tank.

There are very few parts now for the 2100CD, it was replaced by the 2101XP, and then by the 3120XP, i will check what old parts i might have, you can fit the 281/288XP chain brake onto this machine, it looks a little odd as it is shorter at the rear, but does work, be very carefull removeing the manual oiler, as it runs through the fuel tank and has an o ring at the bottom, if the o ring does not seat properly or is damaged, chain oil will start leaking into the fuel tank.

Thanks, let me know what bits you have, I may be able to live without the manual oil pump with the shorter bar. Apart from the guide bar side plates I need a new exhaust outlet as this one has rusted through.

I also need a cylinder base gasket for the 288, I've had it stripped down so long some of the smaller bits have migrated.

Most of the swedomatic brake is there but something must have broken inside as I must have brazed it solid in the distant past, presumably because it wouldn't stay off.

The 2101 replaced the 2100 early 1987, and was close to 100% the same saw. For most practical purposes, it was the 394 that replaced the 2100/2101, in 1990 (at least on many markets).

The 3120 had nothing to do with this, it is a much larger saw, that appeared in 1988 - and didn't replace anything. It was mainly meant to counter the 084.

The 2101 replaced the 2100 early 1987, and was close to 100% the same saw. For most practical purposes, it was the 394 that replaced the 2100/2101, in 1990 (at least on many markets).

The 3120 had nothing to do with this, it is a much larger saw, that appeared in 1988 - and didn't replace anything. It was mainly meant to counter the 084.

Interesting but do you know other saws that have brake parts in common with the 2100cd?