Greenmech Arborist 190.

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had 1 on demo last week and found it a good machine but not as bigger improvement on the quadchip as I'd hoped, some good features like a Rev up/down button on the hopper, spare tire tucked underneath.

Poor points were spout was wrong for my big truck, no central grease points so have to remove covers to do it. And the hopper felt quite narrow for that size class machine.

When chipping timber it had a good through but on wet conifer quite poor and worse on willow which ended up just making it into the truck.

Build quality looked very good but actually prefer the 1928.

Thanks Gray

I guess the spout angle can be easily altered.

Was the roller speed set fast and if so, do you think the poor discharge was anything to do with them taking the wet brush faster than it could discharge effectively?

I don't like external grease nipples. I prefer to open up the machine and have a look at things.

Over the years I've caught many problems early by opening the machine to grease.

Feed speed was quite quick but no more than the quadchip but unfortunately it's not adjustable unlike the tracked machine, think it was more to do with the disk speed not creating anough blow, on same material the quadchip hammer everything to the front.

Like I say, good machine but not a big enough improvement in performance to warrant loosing the turntable and the 10k + extra I'd need to change.

Agreement on the opening up to check stuff can prevent problems before they get big

We have fitted a roller speed adjustable valve to some and we did away with a central bank of nipples as it isn't necessary when it us as easy as it is to remove the top cover. If you think that it could blow further then adjust the no stress settings so the lower limit is raised.

That's the sort of thing the dealer should be aware of Pete when they bring them out and demonstrate that it's possible to adjust such a thing to compensate for heavy material.

He did show us where I'd be able to have a speed adjuster fitted but said as a factory fit only available on the tracked machine.