micro chipper small chipper suggestion

mitchel

Take a look at previous threads there lots about micro chippers.It seems the cs100 comes out top for what you need

ive seen alot but just wondered as most want to chip trees i want to chip hedge waste

also my budget wont stretch to that and its quite a large machine

Edited by mitchel

Define hedge waste for me please. I have shoved hands full of conifer shavings through a CS100 - it didn't change its size too much, but it blew it into bag, wheelie bin and to the back of his compost pile. The CS100 (and similar makes) are about as small as you need to go - in my experience, anything smaller is going to be a mill stone as they cannot do too much and bigger stuff may need a lot of pre-processing prior to it going through.

Now is the time to get some help in getting that new tool or growing your business. Whether that be a new (or newer) truck, chipper, premises or setting on a new team or trying a new venture. Raising capitol through finance is the cheapest it is ever going to get. Use your stash as a deposit on a new machine or decent used thing etc as money is at its cheapest for many years. The older amongst us can remember bank loans of 17% back in the 1980's yet at the moment, money is so cheap. (Forget the payday buffoons - give then a really wide berth whatever your circumstances....)

I got a much used entec treebusta, which is supposed to chip up to 4", but I have never put that big a piece through it, it works fine on branches but isn't so good on hedge clippings & small stuff.

So after having an on site demo I got an Eliet major 4s shredder. It shreds up to 50mm, but with the wide opening will easily take forked branches & such, this thing for me & my business, is awesome, the treebusta now doesn't get used.

Contact PSD groundcare who are the importers & get a demo when you've got a hedge job to do, which is what I did.

Rob

i do alot of large hedge jobs

If you mean you do a lot of jobs on large hedges you probably want a chipper due to the size of the material.

If you mean you do a lot of large jobs on hedges you probably want a shredder due to the size of the material.

:biggrin:

If its just for clippings trimmings then waste of time putting it in a micro chipper as it comes out the same as went in.When i do hedge trimming ill wait till we get a layer in the pickup and trailer and and cut down then across with the hedge cutter a few times its amazing how it will reduce it down.We also cut it up this way in the ton builder bags and when you've done it a few times it takes two or three blokes to move it. When i start to take off longer and thicker branches that are to big to mince up with the hedge cutter then it gets fed into the TW13/75.It would be a good little investment when you get one as it means you can take on some of the bigger jobs that you might not usually do.Maybe the next time you get a job hire a machine for the day or have a demo on one.As PeteB says if you can put a deposit down on a new machine. I brought a second hand machine big mistake the money i gave for it and getting it repaired after a couple of times using it then for it to blowup i could of brought a new one which i ended up doing anyway .Fit a winch to your trailer to make things easier.Let us know how you get on.

Kev