hcc certificate in arboriculture

superfurryanimal

evening all, just been on the horticulture correspondence college website and been looking at the different courses they run, anyone done the HCC certificate in arboriculture ?? its been a long time since I was in school lol so was looking to start with something I could get my teeth into before trying something more advanced A.T.B sfa

I don't think their courses are accredited through QCF, check before you sign up.

Does this matter Chris?

I am of the thinking that an ABC Level 2 Certificate in Arboriculture would be the same wherever you take it.

The HCC method seams far more flexible than the Myerscough College with no start date and can do it at own pace.

Really not sure what to do now and time is running out.:001_huh:

Does this matter Chris?

I am of the thinking that an ABC Level 2 Certificate in Arboriculture would be the same wherever you take it.

The HCC method seams far more flexible than the Myerscough College with no start date and can do it at own pace.

Really not sure what to do now and time is running out.:001_huh:

Hi, yes it does matter but if you do the ABC version not the other one they do that is accredited. I would imagine you have to contact ABC to get it externally moderated to get the ABC qualification though. One thing to check, their course only appears to teach the mandatory units, you have to pick up another 3 credits from optional units to get the ABC certificate. Download the syllabus from the ABC website for more info. They call it 'the rules of combination, not a syllabus though.

If you do a none accredited course it may not give you the progression opportunities you would get with accredited. For example to go on and do level 4 in the future. The ABC qualifications are really good, I have just finished level 6 and would recommend following up as you move through your career. I did my L2 qualifications back in the late 90's and had no intention of going higher but you never know so its good to have the choice. A none accredited qualification would not give you the same employment opportunities either if you want to get into surveying and consultancy later.

Hope this helps,

Had a quick look at the unit involved and the 5 mandatory unit and an optional is covered in the course. I cross referenced that with the abc Rules of combination.

In essence you don't get to choose an option.

http://www.abcawards.co.uk/landbased-and-environmental/arboriculture/level-2-certificate-in-arboriculture/1381/?view=documents

Horticultural Correspondence College - ABC Level 2 Certificate in Arboriculture

Hope this is of use to anyone else

Edited by Gnome
link not working for file

Had a quick look at the unit involved and the 5 mandatory unit and an optional is covered in the course. I cross referenced that with the abc Rules of combination.

In essence you don't get to choose an option.

http://www.abcawards.co.uk/landbased-and-environmental/arboriculture/level-2-certificate-in-arboriculture/1381/?view=documents

Horticultural Correspondence College - ABC Level 2 Certificate in Arboriculture

Hope this is of use to anyone else

Sorry mate, only looked quickly so I could answer your question. Didn't notice the forestry unit was an optional. Pity you don't get the choice, the special trees unit would be interesting.

Make sure you ask them about moderation via ABC. Its important and it may be something they will help with.

Cheers,