Dodgy Ebay listing Bewarned do not buy this truck!!

arniecardigan

As some of you are aware due to my other thread I was in the market for a new truck and had found a Canter that I planned on purchasing!

Well I got completely screwed by this one!! After asking all the right questions and viewing pictures of a nice looking one owner, low mileage mechanically sound Canter I agreed the price, then flew from Bristol to Glasgow then 20 mile car journey to collect. On arriving was shown a Canter that was not the one in the pictures I'd viewed and based my buying decision on! When asked where the one I'd seen the pictures of was I was told it was sold but this one had the same mileage and was the same year!! Unfortunately this one also had a completely rusted rear bed, seriously pitted tipper ram, plastic trim missing or held on with cable ties, no passenger seat and shagged interior! All the rear cross members and angles were totally rotten and it had numerous holes in the bed!! I pointed this out and was told they hadn't really looked at the rear end!!

After lossing my rag and effing and jeffing abit(ok alot) I went back to the airport, couldn't get a reasonably priced flight so had to hire a car to get home!!

Total cost.....£198 and a wasted day!!!

The truck has now been listed on Ebay so dont buy it unless youre prepared to put a complete new rear on it along with a new interior!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281371509038?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Edited by arniecardigan
missed a link!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that the picture of the truck you bidded on? Looks as if it was used to carry salt!

Havent got the pictures of the original one now I deleted them all when I eventually got home!!! rest assured though it looked clean and tidy and I asked him all about it as I was travelling so far and didn't want to leave anything to chance!!

Havent got the pictures of the original one now I deleted them all when I eventually got home!!! rest assured though it looked clean and tidy and I asked him all about it as I was travelling so far and didn't want to leave anything to chance!!

Was is this one ?

Ebay told him off, I would be suprised if they even bothered contacting him.

My sister lives in Glasgow, I asked around down here in devon / cornwall if anyone was interested in the rare model clio si dti she was selling a couple of years ago. Plenty of interest until they found out it was from Glasgow! Reason - scottish weather and glasgow pot-holes = rotten automobile. The conversation would go from "sounds nice" to "not touching it thankyou" and "it'll end up in Manchester where all the other Scots cars wind up".

Funnily enough, all the best cars I've ever had were from Bristol!