O the irony.

Woodworks

I live on the Dartmoor a wet and cloudy place. I don't do foreign holidays or sit on the beach. Only work outside part time and when I do I am covered up with helmets, mud and woodchip. I go to the Doctors today about a mark on my face.

Verdict sun damage. SERIOUSLY sun damage how the hell does that work. OK I know how it works really just amazed it effects me. Not serious yet but need the mark removed as a precaution.

Moral of the story to quote Baz Luhrmann"WEAR SUNSCREEN"

I worked in the construction industry years ago and the last year or so all the safety meetings would consist of the usual wear your p.p.e talks and then Sun damage to your skin lectures.If we get a sunny spell now our boss gives a bottle of sun tan lotion no one wears it but it covers his behind if anything goes wrong

I live on the Dartmoor a wet and cloudy place. I don't do foreign holidays or sit on the beach. Only work outside part time and when I do I am covered up with helmets, mud and woodchip. I go to the Doctors today about a mark on my face.

Verdict sun damage. SERIOUSLY sun damage how the hell does that work. OK I know how it works really just amazed it effects me. Not serious yet but need the mark removed as a precaution.

Moral of the story to quote Baz Luhrmann"WEAR SUNSCREEN"

Are you fair skinned ? Does sound ridiculous but some people are more prone than others . I am lucky in that respect as I have sorta Mediterranean skin but I know or did know of a roofer who died of skin cancer and he was a blondie .

Are you fair skinned ? Does sound ridiculous but some people are more prone than others . I am lucky in that respect as I have sorta Mediterranean skin but I know or did know of a roofer who died of skin cancer and he was a blondie .

Not remotely fair skinned and don't burn.

A family friend got skin cancer on his face, he was dark haired and olive skinned, he never burnt, he need surgery to remove it, he has sadly since died of stomach cancer.

I remember reading about some experiment they carried out in Sweden. Doctors and lawyers had higher cases of skin cancer than forestry workers and fishermen. They reckon that if your skin is rarely exposed to the sun the repercussions from sun burn are often more serious.

I put it down to doctors and lawyers being able to afford sunny trips to the Maldives whilst fishermen and forest workers stay at home in the mist!

We have worked on many construction sites where even in the height of summer we have to wear long sleeved tops and trousers. This is a response to the risk of sun cancer, as the site manager cannot effectively assess the efficiency of sun lotion / application of.

BTW we have found a way to even this up, pm me for how

I had one removed from my face last year, just a small red spot called a rodent ulcer. Cancerous but not the sort that spreads. I was told to wear a wide brimmed hat when in the sun.

John

Thanks Jon

Doctor gave no advice but did mention an ulcer. Think a nice sun hat better go on the shopping list.