snake anchor or Sirius multisaver?

sixstrings

I just can't decide!!!

somebody make the decision for me please (of course providing reasons)

I think i will use it primarily as a cambium saver, secondly as an attachment on stems when blocking down (will they work for this?:confused1:)

thirdly for all the other cool stuff they'll do

Multi saver is not great on a stem in my experience, it doesn't choke in standard set up like the pulley saver does. You can feed it through its own prusik a la backwards pulley saver but retrieval will be difficult if not impossible.

Snake anchor chokes on in basic form but again, in this arrangement is not retrievable.

If you want a retrievable friction saver to choke onto a stem and be retrievable then it has to be pulley saver or rope guide.

I use my multi saver the most as a cambium saver. Snake anchor really only sees use as a base anchor. Pulley saver comes out for dismantling multi-stemmed stuff.

There's no reason why you couldn't clip a small ring into the snake anchor to make a conventional 2 ring cambium saver, but it's an expensive and gear intensive way if making up a 20 quid 2 ring strap.

Multi saver would be my choice of the two, although as Ewan days, fimblsaver might be worth a look.

Thought about a liteanchor? Very short though.....

Multi saver is not great on a stem in my experience, it doesn't choke in standard set up like the pulley saver does. You can feed it through its own prusik a la backwards pulley saver but retrieval will be difficult if not impossible.

Snake anchor chokes on in basic form but again, in this arrangement is not retrievable.

If you want a retrievable friction saver to choke onto a stem and be retrievable then it has to be pulley saver or rope guide.

I use my multi saver the most as a cambium saver. Snake anchor really only sees use as a base anchor. Pulley saver comes out for dismantling multi-stemmed stuff.

There's no reason why you couldn't clip a small ring into the snake anchor to make a conventional 2 ring cambium saver, but it's an expensive and gear intensive way if making up a 20 quid 2 ring strap.

Multi saver would be my choice of the two, although as Ewan days, fimblsaver might be worth a look.

Thought about a liteanchor? Very short though.....

It's pretty easy to choke a ring and ring all you have to do is double wrap it works on smooth stems aswell here another thread with pic https://www.google.com.au/search?safe=off&hl=en-GB&tbm=isch&q=choked+cambium+saver&spell=1&sa=X&ei=QMqQUZiRCoq1iQeny4DABQ&ved=0CDgQvwUoAA&biw=768&bih=928#biv=i%7C81%3Bd%7CxNKbN6fe9cAM-M%3A.

I tried that once or twice. Found it uses quite a lot of length, ie not often was the multisaver long enough to do it. I just found it a bit of a fiddle myself.

I don't bother with anything like that on single stem dismantles now, just spikes & wire core or strop with single climbing line choked on and a fig 8 for descent.