Cabstar vs Fuso Canter vs Dailey

dougharding

Hi all

Ive been looking to getting a tipper Ive been expressing interest in these three vehicles.

Nissan Cabstar - Mitsubishi Fuso Canter - Iveco Daily

The tipper i'm after would have to take up two 3.5ton with a chip box, possible crew cab or rear mounted tool box and would be able to pull a 750kg chipper.

I was wondering if any of you had operated with any of these and could offer a bit of heads up information about them for use for arb work.

Any info would be helpful.

We have a cabstar excellent little work horse got an alloy chip box on the back holds a good load of chip our, and has an excellent turning circle. Ours is a straight 2.5 witch is low powered for towing and with a full load, so get a turbo if you can. Also show them mud and they get stuck. But overall a cracking work horse.

My mate has a canter also with alloy chip box great truck plenty of power and bigger back, he's also 6ft 3 and its fine when the cabstars very cramped.

Not had a great deal to do with iveco but a lot of tree gangs use them so they can be bad. (Good luck with the search.)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I like my Cabstar.

Preferred the older twin headlight version but my latest one isn't bad.

Bit thirsty at 20mpg, but to be expected for the type of vehicle.

Easy to fix but genuine spares are rediculously expensive!

I'm rapidly approaching 50 and starting to find driving any work vehicle is uncomfortable, Cabstar is no worse or better than similar type vehicles.

I did 250k in my last one before it dissolved completely. Can't see this one going that far (or me) but I don't think it will dissolve.

Can't tell you about the others as I haven't owned them.

I do still just love the whistle of the turbo on mine and they do pull like a train. Mine can carry 1.4 tons legally, you don't notice that on it. Had 3 ton on my last one with no bother, but grown out of that one.

• 2 weeks later...

I drive a 60 plate 3.5 ton canter for a company in Newcastle and its immense! 150bhp, will still fly with a full load on, turns on a sixpence, ample cab space, pulls a timber wolf 190 like its not even there and carries far more weight than it should, downside is its really bouncy, which can be adjusted, really bad economy but otherwise great!