kubota gr1600 or john deere x300

mowingjamie

hi guys, need a bit more advice if you got the time. I was all set on getting a Kubota GZD15 mower but never seen to see many for sale at the right price or there just sold before i get a chance to view. So i'am half thinking about the kubota gr1600 or the deere x300. Iam leaning towards the Kubota because of the diesel engine, eg running costs. How do they both collect grass when wet? what are they like in real life day-to-day? I would love a high tip mower but mabe the time isnt right to splash the cash just yet, so since these are both low tip mowers have you guys got any tips on the best way to say tip the grass and then get it into a compost bin, or onto the truck or trailer. I suppose with the trailer i could just drive the mower up onto it and dump?

cheers for your help!

jamie

if you are collecting grass then a builders sack is ideal fill it up untill it can still be lifted then fill up in back of truck. have a toro zero turn mower 42inch. job we have is collection but it does such a good job mulching as yet have not need to collect, customers happy. saves us having to take home grass may pay to have a look at one of these. we got a very good one very little hours for under a 1k.

we have got the side deflector if needed and the collector but thats just sitting in shed. ideal is mow every two weeks then does not get too long

personally I pick kubota over john deere

we have a GZD21 high tip. It works well for us. I can carry 2/3 21 INCH mowers 2/3 strimers a few blows and the gzd21 (about 10 foot long) on the trailer and carry a days worth of collecting grass/ leaves on the back of a single cab l200.

go high tip you will never look back !

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnQadp4UX-g]kubota high tip ride on mower gzd21 - YouTube[/ame]

Can't comment on the John Deere or really give a comparison but I've owned a GR1600 for coming up on two years now and can't fault it.

Had a Mountfield/Castle Garden domestic spec ride on prior to the Kubota and it really was quite good but the Kubota is so much better in every respect. Given that the GR range is actually supposed to be Kubota's "economy" product the rest of their stuff must be positively tank-like.