Last will & testament anyone?

geoff

I need to write a will on the quick,I will (no pun intended) get to a brief & do a paid for job eventualy,but need to get a decent template so I can itemise my estate & get it witnessed asap,anybody got a template they can send or post on here,if ya nice I might leave you my saws!:biggrin:

This is a serious request lads,what have you?

Thanks in advance.:001_smile:

I picked a blank one up from the post office... I don't think it cost more than a few quid.

:001_smile:

Did the same myself. Then got a brief to write one up for me at a later date.

To be fair there wasn't much difference it the two of them apart from the price:sneaky2:

A good lawyers company will do it for free, mine did. They make their money at the end!

Watch out for those ones. They write themselves in as executors and you're tied, so they can charge a fortune. If you write named people (relatives) in as executors they can choose to put everything in the hands of a solicitor of their choice, who will still definitely be in business and since you can obtain quotes it means they will charge the going rate.

For what it's worth, whilst any solicitor can write a will, there is an additional qualification called STEP which is pretty rigorous and relates to estate planning. There's a website for STEP qualified solicitors - Geoff, not what you need in the short term, but we used Elizabeth Dunn of Ashton Graham KCJ who works out of Ipswich (and Bury St Edmunds), is STEP qualified and was very good. Our wills are pretty simple but she asked some useful questions which I wouldn't have thought of.

Alec