todays lucas milling

delabodge

597662c7f2817_logswinestoppers004.jpg.5c30f21ef4b9612e4d74c3bef92ade46.jpg

597662c8007b3_logswinestoppers002.jpg.f28fa3dafbec8d069289a7ba2ad9b6dc.jpg

597662c802500_lucasmilling002.jpg.7fbdef716e1bad55e76e5640cadb3634.jpg

597662c804206_lucasmilling004.jpg.7e06b52371bf38c6cbac3163945ee9d8.jpg

597662c8080ad_lucasmilling006.jpg.d3521101dbe489124514bb4f068ca869.jpg

john came today with his lucas as i wanted a load of 6x2`s for frames for benchs,,,,it rained and rained then some more,,but we got through it,,,hit some nails in the start but metal detector found the rest,,,a great guy, and a rewarding day,,,(more pics to follow)p.s could have used the woodmizer or alaskan, but the lucas churns out these sizes fast,,,,:thumbup:

Have you thought about Alaskan milling 6 inch slabs for resawing on the woodmizer? I'm a great fan of the narrow cut resawing on the band mill as you can cut at a hell of a rate. Also, very limited wastage cutting it this way.

Jonathan

yes john, but have no way of moving them afterwards,as dont have a telehandler or forklift,,,when i do i will!!in the mean time,,,its the sensible option,ie tax bill first,,lol,,then maybe in the new yr i`ll have that option,,,,

Very good point! Sorry - I hadn't realised that you didn't have a forklift. Best thing you can have in a yard though - got mine prior to getting the Woodmizer. Not that it's any use with a tax bill to pay, but you could get something like this:

Climax DAQ 3 t Diesel forklift | eBay

For about £2k delivered plus VAT. There are some days where I spend hours on my forklift moving stuff round (not just for fun, I should stress!).

Jonathan

happy new yr johnathan, had a look at that cheers,,I currently have a few mates close by that lend me there manitou now and again, or I hire one in,,,its a pain, as there so handy,,,its definetly on my wish list for new yr,,,:001_smile:

And to you too Clive.

I have an old 2.5 tonne (but really closer to three) lifting Nissan that is quite remarkably nimble and small for stacking timber and operating in my barns. Whilst I would sometimes like the reach and traction of a telehandler, it could only ever be my second forklift.

Make sure to post some photos when you get one! :thumbup1: