Insurance not paying out

Gravityalwayswins

Weve all heard of it, however this one takes the biscuit.

I have canceled my old insurance policy, they should have given me a good sized refund however are insisting they have sent it, despite my bank insisting i havnt received it.

their excuse so far is that there was no security on their refund, and therefore they cant get it back.

to which I said thats their own fault and their problem, i want my refund.

so I am sending bank statements from this month and last to prove i have received no refund.

has anybody heard or came across this before? any advice would be appretiated!

many thanks

Weve all heard of it, however this one takes the biscuit.

I have canceled my old insurance policy, they should have given me a good sized refund however are insisting they have sent it, despite my bank insisting i havnt received it.

their excuse so far is that there was no security on their refund, and therefore they cant get it back.

to which I said thats their own fault and their problem, i want my refund.

so I am sending bank statements from this month and last to prove i have received no refund.

has anybody heard or came across this before? any advice would be appretiated!

many thanks

I think you would be in the right in a small claims court to recover it as if they say they have sent it ask what method was used ie cheque or bank transfer . Either way your statement will show its not come back to you .

Go to the CAB and check it out they will help you deal with it for free

All the best

Littletree:001_smile:

Ask them to send you the method they used plus the transaction number and bank if its all above board they will not mind sending evidence. Ive had exactly the same thing happen to me but as i had not really read the terms i was entitled to about 5% of the remains of the policy which is daylight robbery in my eyes.

you may be looking for more than they sent- admin charges often reduce the value of refunds by substantial amount

I think the original post says that nothing has been received?

Ring them and explain your next call will be to the insurance ombudsman unless they sort it.

(Ted, they are the Brit version of the USA oufit you mentioned, although I doubt ours have guns. :001_tongue:)

I think the original post says that nothing has been received?

Ring them and explain your next call will be to the insurance ombudsman unless they sort it.

(Ted, they are the Brit version of the USA oufit you mentioned, although I doubt ours have guns. :001_tongue:)

Mark, thanks for that update. Our Insurance commissioner only uses their guns for the special cases, otherwise they use clubs and whips on a daily

basis:sneaky2:

easy-lift guy