Help needed to find small display stands

EddieJ

In the last week I have been asked if I would like to take part in two separate art events displaying my sculpture work.

I have said yes to both events, but am now left with a problem... I would like place small business card display stands in front of each sculpture, giving brief details of each piece, but I can't anything suitable.

In my head I would like them to be approx 300mm high, and constructed from either chrome or stainless. Does anyone have an idea of where I could buy suitable stands for the job.

Here is a much larger but similar stand which I found from a Google search.

kgrhqfmeelzo5mpbpu62vcr.jpg

Hi Eddie,

Are these venues outdoors or are they in galleries?

In my experience of gallery exhibitions,the gallery normally takes care of that sort of thing, just need to give them the blurb.

The chrome/stainless info stands will look great but I reckon that's a big outlay mate. If it's a group exhibition then uniformity in signage / info will work better than each doing their own thing. Having info for future sales is vitally important but don't stress,your work will sell itself. People will buy your work 'cos they love it ,not because it's accompanied by expensive shiny shiny:sneaky2:

That's my two pence worth feel free to disregard :001_smile:

Cheers,

Si

Many thanks for the advice Si.:001_smile:

Both exhibitions are indoors.:001_smile: One is in two weeks time, at a weekend art show that a local garden centre is hosting. The idea is that I shall both display and work on a piece. The second is not until November and is a two week exhibition at an art gallery with ten other artists. I shall also be the only sculptor at that one.

I guess that more of a worry is making sure that I can get enough pieces made for the second exhibition if all my pieces sell at the first.:biggrin:

Being new to all this, I had best contact the organisers of both shows to find out what is what. For both shows, it is the organisers that have contacted me, which gives a nice boost to my confidence and belief in my work.:001_smile:

Edited by EddieJ

Sounds good, I'm sure the gallery will take care of displaying the relevant info, so yes just concentrate on stock piling some work. If your planning on showing 5 works make sure you've got at least 6 or 7 to choose from.

In regards to the garden centre, they usually have black plastic versions of that chrome one for plant info signs. Maybe you could use those and merge with their theme at the same time.

Si