what carving bar and chain will fit my husky 346xp

hi found this in a previous link, or ask tommy Hi, I've got a Husky 141 with carving bar & 1/4 sprocket. The bits came from D S Bennet (Dougie) in Tavistock, Devon. The bar is by Cannon, not sure what make the sprocket is

I'm not certain that your saw is the same fitting but I expect some one will be along soon to clarify that one.

If you do get the bits you want for the saw keep an eye on the oil tank level if you're doing inticate stuff. When I use a standard bar on the 141 to do a few logs the fuel and oil last about the same.

Have you looked at ' a couple of jobs I finished today ' on the carving forum ?

The house sign took about 3/4 tank of fuel but almost 1 1/2 tanks of oil just because I dont carve at full revs. I need to watch the work-piece and chain for signs of oil starvation.The toytown Huskys have very simple oil pumps, but it's not a problem when you know about it

openboater is offline Report Post

I have a 14" quater tip with 3/8 lp chain on mine, works well for shaping after blocking out! and I have just bought a 12" quater tip to try out on it, for closer faster work, I may just buy another 346 if it works well!

A lot of people run a 16" toonie on them.

Where in Northumberland are you? get your bars from Uncle Ed

Ed-Robinson.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I love the 346xp with a 16" cannon quater tip (thats the larger one than Dime) bar. run with 1/4" pitch chain. Although 3/8 LP or .325 will run around quaters ok (1/4" only on dime tips). what ever chain u run remember to grind backs off the cutters at 45% down to tops of tie straps. This dramatically improves performance by reducing drag of back of cutter tooth on wood when using tip. less friction, wear and much quicker boring. Turn oilers up to max on saws too. 14" is quicker cutting. 12" is silly fast. and 18" will be bit slow but good for getting into awkward spaces in larger diameter carvings. Ed H or Dougie i use in uk for bars.