Chain

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Roger, seen your work on the American forum, really nice work'

I have a 8" Cannon dime tip on my echo cs2700, the modified chain is the new sthil carving chain, you don't have to grind the heels of the cutters.

Tommy

Simon sold me the bar, and he has told me he's having trouble getting a reel of the chain. You can get the chains ready made at a stihl dealer but they don't do them for an 8" which is a bit disappointing!

All sounds very interesting!!!!

I actually came here (Arbtalk) this mornig in search for help with purchasing the parts for that specific stihl carving chain so that i could assemble something rather unique.

I had to carefully grind off all the rivets of a longer length of Oregon 25Ap and grind the back but unfortunately got the size wrong .....ended up downloading a picture from the stihl site and scaling it to measure what they considered to be the correct clearence. Will be modifying it yet again.....more hours of fiddle diddle

WEEKS later almost got what I dreamed of but next time would rather buy in the parts if I can. Any clues as to how to crack the Stihl dealer purchasing cycle ("Oh I don't think we can get that") and get to the nitty gritty Stihl reference numbers so I can order these things?

i know it is possible. I once spoke to a very helpfull techie at Stihl uk in Camberly when rebuilding an anchient saw who told me the order number for the workshop manual and parts list only available to dealers.."Pissssd, Don't tell anyone I told you"

For years they denied all knowledge of saw carving pratices until suddenly...powww

Now they sell carving rigs!!!!

We are the inventive force

So any ideas?

Seen your work too...Love the pond bench

And met Simon last year...lovely man

Best regards

chainsaw1-1.gif

Hi Roger,

Here is a link Flavio Favaro made on the yellow forum with the number for the chain and a link to the sthil chain.

carvingpost: Re: Flavio ?Flavio ?where art thou Flavio?

STIHL Power tools

You should be able just to give the stihl dealer the name of the chain, they should have the chain in their catologue!!!

They are a pain dealers sometimes!!!

Hope this helps, having trouble with my mobile connection so make this short and speak later,

Tommy

Simon sold me the bar, and he has told me he's having trouble getting a reel of the chain. You can get the chains ready made at a stihl dealer but they don't do them for an 8" which is a bit disappointing!

just wondering, cant you just get a ready made up loop and shorten it for your 8" bar?