Eagle Head

Ianw6522

i have wanted to carve an Eagle for some time now, i thought i would practice on the facial features, beak, eyes, forehead etc so had a go today..... so as not to waste it i put a few feathers and things into the carve to finish it off :glare:

Welcome any comments before i embark on the full bird....

597672761d136_Eagle1Arb.png.f2142e9a17e55086600b378a8de40951.png

5976727622892_Eagle2Arb.png.204dc1e769e30abd599b8539cda26a25.png

5976727624bca_Eagle3Arb.jpg.f0ae3107e3335c0bccdf28625ad3303b.jpg

Nice try Ian. Slightly more beak and less hood over the beak ('cos I don't know it's proper name) and a hole through for the nostril would make it even better. HIH :)

Thanks for the advice Ian, much appreciated, yes that hood bit is way to big when i look at eagle pics, i will put the nostrils in before i finish it off.

Thanks for your help :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice Ian, much appreciated, yes that hood bit is way to big when i look at eagle pics, i will put the nostrils in before i finish it off.

Thanks for your help :thumbup:

Welcome Ian.

Otherwise, I like the concept with the feathers added. :)

I can't get these right, mine look like parrots.

I agree with Ukulian though. Easy enough to push that "hood" back bit by bit and see how it changes and looks. With that longer hood and shorter beak it gives it more of a vulture feel.

I also think what looks like a mouth/lips under the beak looks a bit weird, but I'm no expert, that's just my opinion...you did ask.