Uniform

TerraFirma

Hi All

I really want my guys in Hi Vis printed T shirts but the moaning about them is unbelievable. I like the look of the Stien Hi Vis so the question is;

What have you found to be the best/most comfortable Hi Vis?

Who/where do you use to do you company branding/printing of work wear?

Im in the Midlands but if the price/quality is right then mail order can be a wonderfull thing. At Times.

Cheers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

I really want my guys in Hi Vis printed T shirts but the moaning about them is unbelievable. I like the look of the Stien Hi Vis so the question is;

What have you found to be the best/most comfortable Hi Vis?

Who/where do you use to do you company branding/printing of work wear?

Im in the Midlands but if the price/quality is right then mail order can be a wonderfull thing. At Times.

Cheers

Have a look here....

BS Embroidery Plus

I've had Summer & Winter gear, shell jackets, rugby jerseys, T shirts and breathable gear from Griff @ BS Embroidery. You can have it stitched or screen printed, some of the workwear I've bought has been good for several years of hard graft and is still bearing up.

Price is exceptionally competitive - the base garment is not cheap as chips and falls apart after a month and the embroidery / screen printing lasts the life of the garment - bearing in mind, workwear gets used to destruction.

There's a previous thread(s) somewhere about work wear. If you want a company image I get that... Don't really get how there is so much push back?

The cheaper general purpose shirts don't seam to last as the Vis bands get destroyed quickly and the lads say they sweat to much.

I will have a look at the Stien in anger then if you say they are worth the money and I am a big fan of long sleeved light weigh shirts for the winter. Just as we move into the spring.

I will check out the embroiders as well. cheers for the tip off. Any thing to keep things looking semi professional. I don't like Vis jackets at all.

I hate wearing them too but bottom line is they have to. I've worked with people who moan like mad about them an take any chance they get to take them off but the be all and end all is no hi vis no work.

May be worth asking them if they want to look and see what hi vis shirts are about and put it to a vote. Just a thought.

Just for perspective.

I hate hi vis too. The yellow is nightmare in late summer/autumn angry wasp season. Also pollen beetle season around oil seed rape harvest time.

The fabrics as already mentioned tend to be super synthetic and probably made down to a price, tend to flex and snag a lot. I have been suspended from a door handle on a hgv from an unexpected snag with a hi vis vest. Also once caught up aloft on a ladder I temporarily lost the use of my arms due to the vest snagging and pulling up trapping my arms.

My points are the intentions are good but if it hinders them working they are not going to like it. Cheap tends not to be good, especially in the real hands on world.

Some clothes have nighttime type reflective stitched in, for example overalls and when that fades away they can still be used for other jobs such as kit maintainence.

I think apparel with hi vis engineered into the design is much more proffesional and exclusive.

Any numpty can wear bog standard day glow yellow and not even be in employment.